Re: Tidy

Susan Schreibman <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:20:17 -0500

text/plain

Hi -- I attach this note from Amit re Tidy -- it seems he is not on the
list:

Hi Tomaz and All,
I investigated the tidy trouble, there is a flag in tidy
http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#quote-ampersand

<quote>
quote-ampersand
Type: Boolean
Default: yes
Example: y/n, yes/no, t/f, true/false, 1/0
This option specifies if Tidy should output unadorned & characters as
&amp;.
</quote>

This flag if used with value false (default is true) does not convert
& -> &amp; I have tested it on following setup
WIN 98
Tidy release 1st feb 2003.

The sample command is:
tidy --quote-ampersand false source.xml > out.xml

Simmilarily there is quote-marks and quote-nbsp flag.

Let me know if you need any clarification.

Amit