From

Date

Time

Re: Conlanging on paper A Walker Scott <[log in to unmask]> 2021-09-25 20:03
receiving warehouse I managed for about 5 years. The printouts of the Verra
djals dus regas all date from the very first LoCoWriMo. Certain other
sheets of paper date to the time when I was teaching high school and/or
<No subject> A Walker Scott <[log in to unmask]> 2021-09-24 21:33
translations. Obadiah required a small stack of new vocab. And there are a
couple hundred words from the first LoCoWriMo that never got entered in the
old dictionary.
Re: Grammarch & Sentember Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-24 14:49
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 9:40 AM A Walker Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Does anyone remember which month was LoCoWriMo? It seems like it was a
> summer month.
LoCoWriMo is a July event: https://www.frathwiki.com/LoCoWriMo
Re: Grammarch & Sentember A Walker Scott <[log in to unmask]> 2019-01-24 13:39
Does anyone remember which month was LoCoWriMo? It seems like it was a
summer month.
Re: LoCoWriMo 2016 Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]> 2016-06-25 06:57
From: Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo 2016

>>> LoCoWriMo is considerably more flexible in its "rules", because it's much
>>> harder to write *in* a conlang. You pick a challenging-but-achievable
Re: LoCoWriMo 2016 Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <[log in to unmask]> 2016-06-25 01:02
From: Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <[log in to unmask]>

>> LoCoWriMo is considerably more flexible in its "rules", because it's much
>> harder to write *in* a conlang. You pick a challenging-but-achievable
Re: LoCoWriMo 2016 Jay Jerome <[log in to unmask]> 2016-06-25 00:26
From: Jay Jerome <[log in to unmask]>
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
From: Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
word count goal, so am participating in JuNoWriMo this year. How does
LoCoWriMo work? My novel has a conlang alsol.

>>> Is anyone considering participating in LoCoWriMo this year? (like
> NaNoWriMo
LoCoWriMo 2016 A Walker Scott <[log in to unmask]> 2016-06-24 19:53
From: A Walker Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: LoCoWriMo 2016

>> Is anyone considering participating in LoCoWriMo this year? (like
NaNoWriMo
Re: LoCoWriMo 2016 Ron Hale-Evans <[log in to unmask]> 2016-06-24 15:40
From: Ron Hale-Evans <[log in to unmask]>
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
Is anyone considering participating in LoCoWriMo this year? (like NaNoWriMo
but written in your conlang and with a customized word count goal)
Re: The Boats of the Dead Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2015-04-27 16:04

> > A few years ago, I wrote a Leyen legend for LoCoWriMo. I started putting
> > it up on FrathWiki, but got delayed by other things. However, my talk at
Re: The Boats of the Dead Pete Bleackley <[log in to unmask]> 2015-04-27 15:40
> A few years ago, I wrote a Leyen legend for LoCoWriMo. I started putting
> it up on FrathWiki, but got delayed by other things. However, my talk at
Re: The Boats of the Dead Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2015-04-27 14:29

> > A few years ago, I wrote a Leyen legend for LoCoWriMo. I started putting
> > it up on FrathWiki, but got delayed by other things. However, my talk at
Re: The Boats of the Dead Daniel Bowman <[log in to unmask]> 2015-04-27 14:21
> A few years ago, I wrote a Leyen legend for LoCoWriMo. I started putting
> it up on FrathWiki, but got delayed by other things. However, my talk at
The Boats of the Dead Pete Bleackley <[log in to unmask]> 2015-04-27 13:27
A few years ago, I wrote a Leyen legend for LoCoWriMo. I started putting it up on FrathWiki, but got delayed by other things. However, my talk at LCC6 yesterday raised a lot of interest in iljena, so I finally got round to finishing it off.
Re: WoCoLaMo W Biggs <[log in to unmask]> 2014-10-23 23:14
This sounds like a lot of fun. LoCoWriMo does, too. I think January would work very well.
Re: WoCoLaMo kechpaja <[log in to unmask]> 2014-10-23 22:44
There's also LoCoWriMo (http://www.frathwiki.com/LoCoWriMo), which is basically NaNoWriMo done in one's own conlang (usually held in July). Participants would set what they considered a realistic goal for themselves at the beginning of the month, expressed in some unit of length (word count doesn't work for every language), and then try to write a story that was at least that long in their (or sometimes another) conlang.
I did LoCoWriMo once; I don't think the story ever made it onto the internet though. I've also largely abandoned the language that I wrote it in at this point, so I doubt I would be able to read it.
Re: Really good examples of conlangs online? Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2014-03-10 22:52
As Jeffrey Brown says: "I suppose, if one gets to a point that one can say, or translate, anything to the conlang, than that would constitute completeness." Aside from a physics or chemistry text, I think I could translate _almost_ anything into the language. And I did write a several-thousand-word story for LoCoWriMo a few years back (it's on the website too, in bilingual version).
That can't be said of my other two languages, Gwr and Prevli. But whenever (or if) another LoCoWriMo rolls around, I have some ideas for a story in Gwr.
OT (a little): An anachronism discovered Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2013-11-08 14:06
Oh dear-- in my Locowrimo story  a  couple years back, I had a youngish Terran making first contact with the Kash. As he mentions in the story, a nuclear war had occurred on Earth about 300 years before, and the Aliens arrived about 50 years later to help rescue the situation. Assuming that this war was between USSR and USA around 1980s and Aliens reached earth in ~2030 (watch for it!!!) , that means that the story is taking place sometime in the 2300s AD or so (I think it ought to be later, but....) 2300s Terran would be ~1060s Cindu
Re: Is there an inverse relationship between lexical richness and grammatical complexity? Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2013-03-22 11:17
This is interesting to me. Those of you who've read my old Locowrimo story (basically about a first contact situation-- an alien (actually Terran) who lands among the Kash) may recall--
Re: Quoting dialog Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> 2013-01-20 23:01
On a related note, I think during one of the LoCoWriMo threads of
recent years we talked about the syntax of quoted speech -- whether
Re: Quoting dialog Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2013-01-20 18:07
=======================================
As good as any other system, I suppose.... I had a similar problem in my Locowrimo story a few years back-- how to distinguish telepathic "talk" from spoken? Italicizing the telepathy would have meant long stretches of italics, not a Good Thing IMO, so I settled on guillemets («...») for that, regular "..." quotes for spoken. (Punctuation marks are sorely lacking in my Kash font; I don't know how they'd be distinguished in native script.)
Re: OT: How many books do you read a year? Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2012-12-11 15:27
Poetry too, though again, older stuff. Neruda, H.Crane, Millay. Right now I'm more concerned with finishing/polishing/collecting my own poetry of the past 60 years, with the goal of self-publishing. The only fiction I've written lately was the LoCoWriMo story in Kash/English in 2009 (2010?). My main writing activity is in INdonesian linguistics, so specialized that only a handful of people in the world are interested. As an academic, I did not publish, but perished....
NaNoWriMo Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2012-12-02 16:42
BTW, when are we going to have another LoCoWriMo? I think we should. After the Never-started/ending Relay, perhaps?
Re: How to decide when language documentation is done? Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2011-10-09 01:47
parts of two or three other brief originals, and something like 5 full pages
of single-spaced text of an incomplete story for the first LoCoWriMo. and
random other bits of text, most of which is not available on-line.
Re: 20th anniversary coming up Irina Rempt <[log in to unmask]> 2011-06-08 13:52
I may do an eagle (_orla_ "magic bird") for LoCoWriMo.
Elemental Language (Was: [LoCoWriMo] This year's LoCoWriMo?) Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]> 2011-04-28 15:50
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Elemental Language (Was: [LoCoWriMo] This year's LoCoWriMo?)
Re: Conlangs and Wonderland Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2011-04-09 00:05
> > substantial short story in Kash last year during
> LoCoWriMo; I can't
> > recall if he's posted it to his website already or
Re: Conlangs and Wonderland Garth Wallace <[log in to unmask]> 2011-04-08 18:44
> that I perpetually lag far behind.  Roger Mills wrote a fairly
> substantial short story in Kash last year during LoCoWriMo; I can't
> recall if he's posted it to his website already or not.
Re: Conlangs and Wonderland Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> 2011-04-08 18:34
that I perpetually lag far behind. Roger Mills wrote a fairly
substantial short story in Kash last year during LoCoWriMo; I can't
recall if he's posted it to his website already or not.
Re: Polyglot Conlang Fiction Garth Wallace <[log in to unmask]> 2011-03-16 17:27
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I guess it must have been Roger's Locowrimo story (bloody good btw) which
> suggested this to my unconscious brain:
Re: Polyglot Conlang Fiction Tony Harris <[log in to unmask]> 2011-03-16 17:03
On 3/16/2011 4:57 PM, Samuel Stutter wrote:
> I guess it must have been Roger's Locowrimo story (bloody good btw)
> which suggested this to my unconscious brain:
Polyglot Conlang Fiction Samuel Stutter <[log in to unmask]> 2011-03-16 16:57
I guess it must have been Roger's Locowrimo story (bloody good btw)
which suggested this to my unconscious brain:
Re: Request for Lexicons Richard Littauer <[log in to unmask]> 2011-03-09 07:16
> Matthew and several complete Psalms), several pages of prose about The War
> of the Two Queens composed for the first LoCoWriMo, and a number of relay
> texts -- which I could make available. Orthography is reasonably
Re: Request for Lexicons Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2011-03-08 20:54
Matthew and several complete Psalms), several pages of prose about The War
of the Two Queens composed for the first LoCoWriMo, and a number of relay
texts -- which I could make available. Orthography is reasonably
Re: 2009 Locowrimo story online! Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2011-02-28 13:03
From: Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: 2009 Locowrimo story online!

Thanks for the compliment! Oddly, it was sort-of written in both langs. simultaneously, but mostly in Kash. The thing is, the story had been developing in my imagination/fantasy for a long time, so I knew where it was going, what the events were etc. and didn't have to stop to think "what happens next?" If I'd had to plot it out first, or as I went along, make an outline etc. it wouldn't have come out as fast as it did (it actually took a bit less than the month allotted). Any future stories/writing will have to be done that "old-fashioned way", as there's nothing else roiling around in my fantasies at the moment :-(((( That's why I didn't/couldn't take part in the 2010 Locowrimo :-(((
Re: 2009 Locowrimo story online! Karen Badham <[log in to unmask]> 2011-02-28 07:58
From: Karen Badham <[log in to unmask]>
From: Daniel Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
From: Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 2009 Locowrimo story online!
Re: OT: International Mother Language Day Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2011-02-21 23:16
> Note that Kash ñondru itself is a borrowing of Gwr nyr-du
> :-)))) Thanks, Locowrimo.

Re: conlanging-related panels Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2011-01-10 00:54

Never heard of her, but it sounds very interesting. Will have to check it out. Of course, the ideal human/alien communication would be telepathy, as I postulate for the Kash.......Which reminds me: (tooting own horn...) I must post, somewhere, last year's LoCoWriMo story, which I've decided has its definitely good moments, and IMNSHO at least one amusing bit.
Re: Readability scores for conlangs? Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2010-11-22 19:27
> I just did a quick morpheme and word count of a relatively
> short paragraph in my LoCoWriMo story. There was only a
> little bit of dialogue, which would tend to eliminate
Re: Readability scores for conlangs? Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2010-11-22 15:45
I just did a quick morpheme and word count of a relatively short paragraph in my LoCoWriMo story. There was only a little bit of dialogue, which would tend to eliminate certain morphemes--
Re: Readability scores for conlangs? David Peterson <[log in to unmask]> 2010-11-21 17:17

> Not necessarily true in every case, apparently not for Kash, which uses more inflection and transparent derivations than English. My LoCoWriMo story of last year-- the only lengthy piece of writing I've done in Kash-- has 9609 Kash words vs. 13,311 in the Engl. translation, about 28% difference.

Re: Readability scores for conlangs? Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2010-11-21 12:24
Not necessarily true in every case, apparently not for Kash, which uses more inflection and transparent derivations than English. My LoCoWriMo story of last year-- the only lengthy piece of writing I've done in Kash-- has 9609 Kash words vs. 13,311 in the Engl. translation, about 28% difference.
Re: CHAT: One Month, One Conlang project Lee <[log in to unmask]> 2010-08-09 23:59
I didn't get nearly as far with the conlang I started from scratch as part of LoCoWriMo. I'm also snagging bits of Na'vi, Greek, and others. Currently about a couple dozen in all, though I'm about to cull the herd considerably.
Re: Proto/Modern Language Documentation Lee <[log in to unmask]> 2010-07-22 11:11
No reason why they shouldn't! The conlang I'm cobbling together as I write my LoCoWriMo* story is borrowing** from four other conlangs***. The extent of the borrowing remains to be seen, though I think I will import a few words from each as a built-in acknowledgment to each.
Re: OT: a stupidly addictive English style-analyzer R A Brown <[log in to unmask]> 2010-07-19 12:48
> title), it still came out Margaret Atwood. Then I tried
> various paras. from the LoCoWriMo story, and got
> different authors for each one
Re: OT: a stupidly addictive English style-analyzer Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2010-07-18 00:41

This is really weird. I tried the poem again (with title), it still came out Margaret Atwood. Then I tried various paras. from the LoCoWriMo story, and got different authors for each one (I couldn't remember which one I'd used originally, but no D. F. Wallace this time))-- Arthur C. Clarke (that one mentioned "starship"), Kurt Vonnegut, J.K.Rowling (mentioned "palace"?), V.Nabokov, Dan Brown !!! and Stephen King (aargh), among others. Mostly in good company :-)))
Re: OT: a stupidly addictive English style-analyzer Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2010-07-17 13:42
A para. from last year's LoCoWriMo story, and a para. from a technical article about the Lañ-lañ people of Cindu, both came back David Foster Wallace. I've never read him.
Re: [LoCoWriMo] LoCoWriMo begins July 1st Lee <[log in to unmask]> 2010-07-01 09:57
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [LoCoWriMo] LoCoWriMo begins July 1st
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [LoCoWriMo] LoCoWriMo begins July 1st
To: [log in to unmask], "Conlang-L" <[log in to unmask]>
Re: LoCoWriMo begins July 1st Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2010-07-01 09:29
From: Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo begins July 1st
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: LoCoWriMo begins July 1st
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Louie <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-30 16:46
From: Louie <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming
> From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming
> To: [log in to unmask]
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Lee <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-30 16:32
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-30 16:13
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]>
From: Louie <[log in to unmask]>

> I thought I might use LoCoWriMo to develop iljena a bit, and I have the
>> seed of a story that I might use, but I'd like to bounce the idea around a
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-30 12:20
From: Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]>
From: Garth Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
From: Daniel Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
> From: Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming
> To: [log in to unmask]

Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Lee <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-28 11:24
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

>>> I thought I might use LoCoWriMo to develop iljena a bit, and I have the
>>> seed of a story that I might use, but I'd like to bounce the idea around
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-28 09:04
From: Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]>

>>> I thought I might use LoCoWriMo to develop iljena a bit, and I have the
>>> seed of a story that I might use, but I'd like to bounce the idea around
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Karen Badham <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-28 06:39
From: Karen Badham <[log in to unmask]>

> > I thought I might use LoCoWriMo to develop iljena a bit, and I have the
> > seed of a story that I might use, but I'd like to bounce the idea around
Re: LoCoWriMo brainstorming Ben Scerri <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-28 05:06
From: Ben Scerri <[log in to unmask]>
From: Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: LoCoWriMo brainstorming
I thought I might use LoCoWriMo to develop iljena a bit, and I have the
seed of a story that I might use, but I'd like to bounce the idea around
Re: LoCoWriMo 2010 Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-27 22:42
From: Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo 2010
> > From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: LoCoWriMo 2010
> > To: [log in to unmask]
> >
> > Just because I failed miserably at LoCoWriMo* last October, doesn't
> > mean I'm not going to give it another try this year! :)
> >
> > However, I would like to propose that we do LoCoWriMo further away
> > from November, which is, of course, the month of NaNoWriMo. June would
Re: LoCoWriMo 2010 Tony Harris <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-24 12:23
From: Tony Harris <[log in to unmask]>
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Re: LoCoWriMo 2010 Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-24 12:14
From: Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]>
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
> Just because I failed miserably at LoCoWriMo* last October, doesn't
> mean I'm not going to give it another try this year! :)
Re: LoCoWriMo 2010 Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-24 05:47
From: Lars Finsen <[log in to unmask]>
From: Kelvin Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
> From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: LoCoWriMo 2010
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Just because I failed miserably at LoCoWriMo* last October, doesn't
> mean I'm not going to give it another try this year! :)
>
> However, I would like to propose that we do LoCoWriMo further away
> from November, which is, of course, the month of NaNoWriMo. June would
Re: LoCoWriMo 2010 Lee <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-23 21:22
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: LoCoWriMo 2010
To: [log in to unmask]
Just because I failed miserably at LoCoWriMo* last October, doesn't
mean I'm not going to give it another try this year! :)
However, I would like to propose that we do LoCoWriMo further away
from November, which is, of course, the month of NaNoWriMo. June would
Re: LoCoWriMo 2010 Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-23 20:08
From: Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]>
On 5/23/10, Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Just because I failed miserably at LoCoWriMo* last October, doesn't
> mean I'm not going to give it another try this year! :)
>
> However, I would like to propose that we do LoCoWriMo further away
> from November, which is, of course, the month of NaNoWriMo. June would
LoCoWriMo 2010 Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-23 19:41
From: Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]>
Just because I failed miserably at LoCoWriMo* last October, doesn't
mean I'm not going to give it another try this year! :)
However, I would like to propose that we do LoCoWriMo further away
from November, which is, of course, the month of NaNoWriMo. June would
Re: Terminology Question (Comparative/Superlative) Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]> 2010-05-13 00:36
For example for glossing. Having 14 comparatives in a grammar file is managable. In a gloss, the difference between alna and alsina might be important enough to be marked. So for my LoCoWriMo story, I had to find terms to describe them and abbreviations for the gloss. Thus, I created strange constructions like 2 Equitives (EQU1 and EQU2), comparatives, augmented comparatives, negative comparatives and so-called relative ones, as well as many imaginable combinations thereof. Also Superlatives for exactly these things. It does beat having CMP12 in the glossed text.
Re: Conlang canons (was: Paul Frommer) Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2010-04-26 23:25
Of course. Kash telephone is celiçit 'electric+speak', computer is celipin, colloq. cipin 'electric-think'; not too original but they work.
There are several strategies in Kash besides compounding-- modification of the base for related meanings (thus tihas 'glimpse', tikas 'see' and tingas 'look at, examine' are all related through the velar series-- /h k ng/-- and that works for the other series as well; it does require a little knowledge of the proto-language. Another way, rarely used, is dialect borrowing-- I could create *tiyas /tias/ '....?' from a dialect that lost medial /k/. Another way is borrowing from Gwr, especially for tech. and scientific terms. Finally of course, coin a new word. I had to resort to all these when writing my LoCoWriMo story (IIRC about 500+ new words in a 10,000word story).
Re: Conlang translation Arthaey Angosii <[log in to unmask]> 2010-01-21 02:21
connotations, etc. (You should have seen the slow going that was my
LoCoWriMo attempt!)
Re: LoCoWriMo website admin? David Peterson <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-15 22:02
From: David Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: LoCoWriMo website admin?
Well, either way, I've set up locowrimo.conlang.org for Parker, and we're
in the process of getting it online. I can't imagine it would take up much
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Any of you willing to admin a LoCoWriMo website (e.g. locowrimo.conlang.org)?
>>

> Does anyone want to put up conscript-images of their LoCoWriMo story
> so large and numerous that FrathWiki wouldn't be suitable for hosting
> them?  I suppose if I were to put up high-resolution scans of all 60
> pages (so far) of my LoCoWriMo story it would be better to put them at
> pics.conlang.org or a new locowrimo.conlang.org than FrathWiki, but
> I'm disinclined to spend all the necessary time scanning &
> three pages of the handwritten first draft as a public record of the
> LoCoWriMo-ness of it.

Re: LoCoWriMo website admin? Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-15 21:21
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>
On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Any of you willing to admin a LoCoWriMo website (e.g. locowrimo.conlang.org)?

Does anyone want to put up conscript-images of their LoCoWriMo story
so large and numerous that FrathWiki wouldn't be suitable for hosting
them? I suppose if I were to put up high-resolution scans of all 60
pages (so far) of my LoCoWriMo story it would be better to put them at
pics.conlang.org or a new locowrimo.conlang.org than FrathWiki, but
I'm disinclined to spend all the necessary time scanning &
three pages of the handwritten first draft as a public record of the
LoCoWriMo-ness of it.
Re: LoCoWriMo website admin? Parker Glynn-Adey <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-15 18:35
From: Parker Glynn-Adey <[log in to unmask]>
> Any of you willing to admin a LoCoWriMo website (e.g.
> locowrimo.conlang.org)?

Re: LoCoWriMo website admin? Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-15 04:32
From: Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Re: LoCoWriMo website admin? Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-15 00:27
From: Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lee <[log in to unmask]>
From: Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: LoCoWriMo website admin?
To: [log in to unmask]
Any of you willing to admin a LoCoWriMo website (e.g. locowrimo.conlang.org)?
LoCoWriMo website admin? Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-12 20:31
From: Sai Emrys <[log in to unmask]>
Any of you willing to admin a LoCoWriMo website (e.g. locowrimo.conlang.org)?
Re: diglossia/colloquialisms (was: Modern Greek question) Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-10 14:09
And another is overuse of the -ni suffix; it's basically 3d pers. possessive, but also can be used (1) to make a noun definite, (2) form nominals from verbs/adjectives, (3) along with 1st and 2nd pers.suffixes, to make conjugated forms of common verbs--e,g, sañ kotami (thus say-my) 'I said so ~that's what I said'. These are acceptable, just not to excess ;-) I caught myself overusing it in the LoCoWriMo story....
Re: pronoun systems Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2009-12-06 02:31
I downloaded the table of correlatives from Wikipedia a while back, but by then it was too late for Kash, as I'd already made most of them. But they're very disorganized and one of the aspects of the language that displeases me most (as I discovered in the course of LoCoWriMo :-( ) The same goes for my other languages :-((((
Re: Prepositional phrases as attributes (was: Re: Non-3rd-person nominal agreement?) Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]> 2009-11-24 16:59
Theoretcially, in Kash, it should be possible to have either N + PP, or to put the PP in a rel. clause beginning with _re_ ('which, that' etc.). Looking through my recent LoCoWriMo story, I find I've done both-- it depends on the preposition.
Re: Bilingual version of LoCoWriMo story Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]> 2009-11-08 11:06
From: Philip Newton <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Bilingual version of LoCoWriMo story
From: Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]>
From: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>