From

Date

Time

Re: @mimeType somewhere in the fileDesc Fabio Ciotti <[log in to unmask]> 2015-02-19 10:26
Your idea of using <media> inside <extent> could work, and is vaguely
consistent with other metadata structure: for instance the mime type
in MODS goes inside the <mods:physicalDescription> area, the same
ANother solution is the usage of <noteStmt> and <note> with a @type
attribute, where yuo can express the mime type:
Re: Best Practices for XSLT processor [log in to unmask] 2013-07-27 07:47
(a) detection of mime type based on file extension (firefox gets this
right, IE doesn't appear to even try)
Re: Refs and content negotiation [log in to unmask] 2013-04-05 18:28

> I've already had this idea (adding a mime type attribute to
> <prefixDef>) in the back of my mind for a while. This could be
>
> A processor could then choose which mime type it wants to make a link
> to, so (for instance) a processor that is creating HTML output from
Re: Refs and content negotiation [log in to unmask] 2013-04-05 09:37
I've already had this idea (adding a mime type attribute to <prefixDef>)
in the back of my mind for a while. This could be achieved by adding
A processor could then choose which mime type it wants to make a link
to, so (for instance) a processor that is creating HTML output from the
FW: ID Tracker State Update Notice: <draft-lundberg-app-tei-xml-09.txt> [log in to unmask] 2010-11-16 21:19
Just some food for thought... I've been carrying around these problems for years, and it was this triggered my interest in a mime type for TEI to begin with. In my view it is immensely valuable to have standards for delivering data in this way. As a matter of fact it is a key to interchange of text.
Re: The application/tei+xml media type :-) [log in to unmask] 2010-10-21 12:46
On 21/10/10 03:37, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Congratulations on progress with the mime type. I've just started
> experimenting again with this, to see what the effect would be on my
Re: The application/tei+xml media type :-) [log in to unmask] 2010-10-20 18:55
> On 21/10/10 03:37, Martin Holmes wrote:
>> Congratulations on progress with the mime type. I've just started
>> experimenting again with this, to see what the effect would be on my
The application/tei+xml media type :-) [log in to unmask] 2010-10-20 11:05
Now comes the point as to where I need some help: The IESG want to know what mime type we're using, and it seems that it would help our cause if this MIME type is already in use in applications. If you do, could please report back to me.
Re: The application/tei+xml media type :-) [log in to unmask] 2010-10-20 09:37
Congratulations on progress with the mime type. I've just started
experimenting again with this, to see what the effect would be on my
When I use the application/tei+xml mime type, the browser initially
doesn't know what to do:
This makes the application/tei+xml mime type less practical than I was
hoping for Firefox, because instead of being able to view the file
I'm willing to live with the need to configure my browsers to handle the
mime type in the interests of promoting its use, but I wonder if this
will be counter-productive for regular users of my sites, who can

> Now comes the point as to where I need some help: The IESG want to know what mime type we're using, and it seems that it would help our cause if this MIME type is already in use in applications. If you do, could please report back to me.

Recognizing TEI, xmlns, P4 vs P5 and the injection of executable XML [log in to unmask] 2010-03-30 10:43
I agree with Brett that everything would be easier if we could restrict ourselves to P5. I have tried to brush this difficulty under the carpet ignoring the complexity. I find it hard to believe that the first implementor of the groundbreaking REST based internet text retrieval protocol would choose TEI p4 as a starting point. On the other hand people may nevertheless want to deliver tei p4 using HTTP or send it by e-mail with a tei mime type.
Re: application/tei+xml [log in to unmask] 2010-03-25 10:28
> We have come one step closer towards the registration of a tei mime type :-)

application/tei+xml [log in to unmask] 2010-03-24 03:16
We have come one step closer towards the registration of a tei mime type :-)
Re: SV: TEI MIME type [log in to unmask] 2009-11-24 22:57
Sigfrid Lundberg writes:
> The docbook mime type is documented in an internet draft

SV: TEI MIME type [log in to unmask] 2009-11-22 16:05
The docbook mime type is documented in an internet draft
Re: application/tei+xml -- again [Request for Feedback] [log in to unmask] 2009-09-10 10:24

> There has been a thread before on the issue of a TEI mime type

application/tei+xml -- again [log in to unmask] 2009-09-09 15:59
There has been a thread before on the issue of a TEI mime type
Re: TEI mime type? [log in to unmask] 2006-11-06 01:00
From: Marcello Perathoner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: TEI mime type?
Comments: To: Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Re: TEI mime type? [log in to unmask] 2006-11-06 00:23
From: Marcello Perathoner <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: To: Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
>> It is more aestetically
>> pleasing to serve them with the right mime type instead of the generic
>> text/plain.
Re: TEI mime type? [log in to unmask] 2006-11-05 23:53
From: Marcello Perathoner <[log in to unmask]>
From: Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: To: Marcello Perathoner <[log in to unmask]>
Re: TEI mime type? [log in to unmask] 2006-11-05 23:07
From: Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Comments: To: Marcello Perathoner <[log in to unmask]>
> It is more aestetically
> pleasing to serve them with the right mime type instead of the generic
> text/plain.
TEI mime type? [log in to unmask] 2006-11-05 22:56
From: Marcello Perathoner <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TEI mime type?
From: Syd Bauman <[log in to unmask]>

LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU