Print

Richard Clark writes:
 > I bet there's a library or two missing, probably the Motif libraries. (The
 > Motif libraries were an extra-cost add on under 2.3, and were rolled into
 > 2.4.) I ran into a similar problem setting up a Sun system in the field;
 > the system administrator resorted to building a hybrid system with the
 > Motif libraries from 2.4 grafted onto 2.3.

I have fixed this using
        ln -s /usr/dt/libMrm.so.3 /usr/lib/libMrm.so.2
        ln -s /usr/dt/libXm.so.3 /usr/lib/libXm.so.2

 > If this is the case, one or more of the external cloud support applications
 > may be dead. Try this:
 >
 >   1) Make a copy of the "runCloud" PERL script

I can't find this file. I have a only binary one, runcloud.

 >   2) Look for the lines that start up the guiServer, logServer, and any
 > other support applications. (You might see guiServer, logServer, and mmReg;
 > I'm writing this from home so I don't have a TS Web distribution to check
 > against.)
 >   3) Each support application has its error messages routed to Dev:Null:
 > Redirect the messages to a file instead, e.g. /tmp/test.
 >   4) Execute the new "runCloud" and go look at the the test file (e.g.
 > "/tmp/test") to see if anything went wrong at startup.
 >
 >   I believe you can also use the UNIX "ld" command against each of the
 > external applications and see if any error messages come out about missing
 > libraries. You can get the application names by from steps 1 and 2 above.

I checked all the applications in tde/bin with ldd without any
warning.

 >   Magic's engineering team probably didn't hear about the problem you (and
 > other customers?) were having with the Devcon version. Their Sun systems
 > all have the extra-cost libraries or 2.4 so the problem could have gone
 > un-noticed. The first rule of computing: If you didn't report a bug, nobody
 > else did either.

Mr Henri BROUCHOUD - FT.CNET/LAA/EIA/AIA" <[log in to unmask]>
report the same problem some months ago on this mailing list, without
any answer.

 >   I think the next line is "you take your head in your hands 'OH NO!' "
 >
 > ...Richard

I promise I'll raise my head and work hard to solve this problem. I am
very interested (and involved) in Telescript/MagicCap. But I think I
will use the TDK as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your answer and best regards

Herve

--

            Herve Frydlender            E.mail : [log in to unmask]
                                        Phone  :      33 (1) 45 10 68 76