CONLANG  April 2009, Week 4

CONLANG April 2009, Week 4

Yes, Conlangs can help endangered natlangs

Zeinelabidin Elhassi <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:10:30 -0400

This is a very unique conlang with a very new goal.

I think the subject of endangered languages and the features of this conlang
are very important ,because conlangs have many unrevealed potentials .

The number of dying languages in the coming two centuries scares me a lot.
It's like losing the icebergs in the poles because of global warming Nobody
wants to watch losing our nature or its diversity.
The same thing we can see in Ardano. Any Ardanist will be very close to all
the languages in the world as one group ,because Ardano contains words from
all languages. Losing even hundreds from thousands is very scary to anyone
who loves languages.
Ardano wants a stable number of living languages , we hope that all the 6912
living languages are protected . This number was the choice of Ardano from
the beginning.

Ardano is the language that uses documented words from all languages ,
therefor even after the language extinction Ardano speakers will still speak
those words , At least ,with Ardano the momory of endangered languages will
never die.

We don't need just to document endangered languages ,but also to keep their
communities within the circle of their language. We should give them an easy
international language to communicate with the foreign world ,while this
communicating language and its community keep both eyes on the status of
that small language .

Ardano is like a simple indicator for what is happening to the world's
languages. The only thing that I could do as a person is to keep the memory
of those languages at least in the dictionary or the wonderful Ardano poems
and eventually in the hearts of Ardanists. We want to do more in protecting
endangered languages ,but unfortunately we don't have a big community like
some very old conlangs.

What is interesting in Ardano community is that it is the nearest conlang
community to the problem of endangered languages. In addition the person
who chose Ardano is a person who have no objection about the presence of
small languages in the world language, Therefore he or she is more likely to
protect those languages. . This could make any Ardano community more
active and effective linguistically than any other conlang community

Ardano will put the problem of losing the natural languages under the
spotlight . Increasing the support for Ardano will increase the interested
people in protecting the weak languages.

Of course a helpful conlang community which is in constant touch with all
languages in the world is by far much better for the cultural and the linguistic
world.

Ardano is not just the participation of words from small languages.

Not just the regularity and easiness of Ardano are important ,although they
can help enriching the small languages through the easiness of translations
from the world language. But it will be an encouragement for that endangered
language community knowing that some words in the world language came
from their language. They will feel the global importance of their language.
Anyone would be happy after knowing that the whole world is using even few
words from his\her language.

Ardano is a meeting place for co-operative people who love languages and
who took the first step towards protecting small languages ,by supporting a
worldlang that recognize the presence and the rights of all languages . This
gathering of people will make them even stronger and more effective in the
participation of endangered languages protection. Ardano has words from all
languages ,and any language facing the danger of extinction will turn on the
alarm in the Ardano community .

Using a world language with words from all around the world will give a chance
for many people to build personal contacts with those natural languages.
Personally before Ardano I was hearing about the problem of endangered
languages and I wished to help ,but I was not motivated like I am now.
Because now I speak words from those languages. The problem of endangered
languages touched me more deeper. The words are beautiful just like my
mother tongue. Many people would love more languages if they used words
from them in everyday life. Many people if they loved other languages would
help protecting them. We need to create a conlang community that not just
loves the conlang and ignores the others, but we need a community that
really loves all natural languages in the world. At least this will be the right
beginning.

Those big conlangs community officials find themselves talking with emptiness
about the linguistic diversity. They say we protect diversity . If there is
diversity in their languages then where is my language. I can't find a word
from my language and thousands of other languages. Simply they ignored
them. There is no need to claim that the auxlang can help linguistic diversity
since it lacks the real diversity in the first place.

Also, Ardano will give speakers of any bigger language the needed
contentedness and relief after knowing that their language is respected and
has its role in the global communications . Their language has its portion in
Ardano ,and this is like sending a simple message that says they can live
peacefully together with different people of the world just like the harmony
between different words from different language origins in Ardano . They will
feel that the world is based on a relation between equals. I can insure that
any feeling about discrimination at least linguistically will simply vanish after
the use of Ardano

To succeed in convincing the world , the whole world , to use what this
movement talked about for more than a century then we need to use
something closer to the people , I mean all people. Every person should be
happy with the world language ,because he\she is a part of this world . It's
our world .

In the world cup of any game . All nations play in the qualifiers. Even the most
powerful nation in soccer , Brazil , still plays in the qualifications along with
very small nations ,because it's the world cup ,not the cup of powerful nations.
The UN contains USA and also that very tiny nation. Yes USA has more power
in the UN ,and also the powerful languages have an advantage in Ardano ,but
without forgetting every single language. That is what we should fight for.

I was lucky because I have found this giant library in front of me, the
Internet, I was able to create Ardano ,which was in the past an impossible
dream . Now we are in the era of globalization ,and we need to take steps to
improve with it. We need to change this movement toward the final direction
directly towards the goal of so many generations of auxlangers.

Ardano besides helping endangered languages , has another big task which is
to introduce the fairest and the most neutral a posteriori system in every
era ,and this is for better facilitated communications which will help the world
in many things including economy ,culture ,and of course protecting the
remaining languages.

I haven't talked about Neutrality . I mean the real neutrality. And I haven't
talked about the principle of the fair language. Or the students on equal
footing in a posteriori system . You cannot put all students in an equal footing
in a posteriori system ,but Ardano did. So the group of auxlangers who fought
for the a priori systems ,now they can join back the a posteriori auxlangers.

I really need your help to try, Just to try to change the world , but it will not
be any change ,because all what the IAL movement talked about in a century,
we will add more new things. If you have joined this movement because of the
so many advantages of auxlangs , Now with Ardano you need to put more
advantages.  First of all Ardano changed me ,because of foreigners reactions
when I talk about Ardano in front of them. I say look to that world language
that doesn't contain your language ,and look to your language Ardano ,and
immediately you see the smile ,and not any smile. This happiness is the thing
behind Ardano.

It is not just an easy communicating language ,but also it could be the
greatest symbol of social justice in everyday life ,if succeeded. And it cannot
succeed without your help.

The languages of indigenous people along with all European languages . And
also all the African and Asian languages. All languages are side by
side ,because Ardano is based on two sentences
The first ("All languages deserve to be the world language("
And the second ("All languages deserve to be learned and spoken("
You cannot achieve these two great principles without thinking about Ardano.

This is the last equity and equality movement. Do you want to participate?

Zeinelabidin Elhassi

links to Ardano
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ardano/

http://ardano.tripod.com