CONLANG  March 2013, Week 4

CONLANG March 2013, Week 4

Re: Creating A Prononominal System

Daniel Burgener <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 28 Mar 2013 07:53:53 -0400

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is his a limit on pronominal system creation? I know there's duals, and
> four-person systems, so what else is possible? I'm not there yet, but
> thought I'd ask the question now, while I'm working on the other sections
> of
> the language and Yemoran vocal anatomy. Strangely, the pronoun section is
> in
> with the verbs. I need at least six pronominal forms.

I asked a similar question on the list about pronouns a few months back and
got some very helpful answers which you might be interested in, regarding
some other options for pronouns.  The first message is here:

http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=CONLANG;d1f9d3bd.1209A

I don't know how well your screenreader will handle the archives.  Let me
know if you have problems and I'll copy the messages into a text file and
send it to you off-list so you can read it.

-Daniel