CONLANG  June 2003, Week 1

CONLANG June 2003, Week 1

Re: French and German (jara: An introduction)

"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:05:01 -0400

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 01:25:09PM -0400, Robert B Wilson wrote:
> i disagree.  i find reading modern english hideously boring.  of course,
> many people may think that old=boring because of shakespeare's horrible
> writing... <snip long rant about shakespeare being the worst thing to
> happen to the english language since 1066>

That's not really fair.  Shakespeare may be overrated, overanalyzed,
and overused, but his writing isn't "horrible".  I've rather enjoyed
it ever since I got out of school and the associated haughty insistence
that Shakespeare is Lit'ratyure with a capital L.

-Mark