CONLANG  July 2002, Week 4

CONLANG July 2002, Week 4

Re: Ferochromon: the Ebisedian conworld

Barry Garcia <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:51:07 -0700

[log in to unmask] writes:
>I recall a SF novel (and a ST(NG? episode) that dealt with a planet
>orbiting
>its primary so quickly that in earth/ship time of one hour or so, life on
>the planet went from stone to bronze age; after another hour they were
>developing rockets.

Well, that was a ST Voyager episode as I remember it. It was something
like every minute was a couple of days or maybe years (i forget the
specifics) there. By the end of the episode (a few days) the planet had
reached a level of tech equal to Voyager. Voyager also appeared as a star
in their sky.

Communication is not just words, communication is...architecture
because of course it is quite obvious that  the house that would be built
without that desire, that desire to communicate, would not look as your
house does today.