Re: Hi there!

Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:58:14 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, callanish wrote:

>Greetings, everyone!
>
>As a Celtic scholar of sorts (My degree is in Scottish Gaelic and I dabble to
>varying degrees in the other 5 modern Celtic langs) I'm especially happy to
>see how Brithenig has flourished. I remember when Andrew first presented it
>on CONLANG years ago, and now it's got a whole world and lots of people seem
>to be involved in it. Congratulations, Andrew! I would be delighted to find
>out about any other Celtic-based or Celtic-influenced conlang projects, so if
>anyone out there knows of one, is working on one, or would like to create
>one, please get in touch!

Bengwenid aeredr a Domos!

There are rather a few going on at present. I can think of three or
four anyway: Breathanach, Arvorec'h, Kernu, Brzhonegh, perhaps one or
two others. Also, if you haven't yet, subscribe to celticonlang. This
is where most of the Brithenig stuff appears; and also conculture, if
you're into constructed cultures, where we find out what the Kemruis
people are up to. Both can be found through egroups.com

Padraic.