CONLANG  August 2001, Week 1

CONLANG August 2001, Week 1

Re: Family Project votes

Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Aug 2001 01:30:56 -0400

Aidan Grey wrote:
I figure we should name the
>new list for the planet. Any ideas?

>   I thought we could call it Arda, to honor Tolkien,
>who got many of us into this hobby.

Nihil obstat.

>   I've got more questions, but they can wait for the
>list, except for one.
>
>   I've got a gentleman who emailed me privately. He
>doesn't really want to participate in the language
>family thing, per se, but would like to place his
>conlang there as sort of a later addition (new
>colonists from the Federation, or something of the
>sort). He thought he'd borrow a lot from our langs,
>and that we might borrow from his as well. I don't
>know much about what he plans or has in mind (I plan
>to ask him) beyond he wants his own government.

Sounds a leeetle odd to me, and might want checking into.  Otherwise my
level of xenophobia is quite low.  Of course, a Yahoo group will be open to
anyone who comes along, won't it?  Can membership be restricted?

(Quite out of the blue, I received a post the other day from the "Kingdom of
Kerguelon" or somesuch; just a teeny bit on the language, and some amusing
things like your own passport (for a fee).  Quite wacked out.)