CONLANG  April 2000, Week 4

CONLANG April 2000, Week 4

Re: List limits, and Passover/Easter

Barry Garcia <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:23:55 -0700

[log in to unmask] writes:
>Nevertheless, the claim is made annually by ultra-radical Fundamentalist
>Reformed sorts that "Easter" is from "Ishtar" and that all "Easter"
>celebrations are actually Ishtar worship.  Mind you, they can't figure out
>how the name got from Mesopotamia to England without touching any of the
>countries in between.  What is truly strange is that some neopagans have
>taken up exactly the same daft refrain in an attempt to claim that Easter
>was "theirs first".  I guess Jews don't exist, anymore...

This reminds me of something I found amusing from my world mythology
course last semester. We were going over Norse gods and goddesses, and
when we came to Idun, my professor made a less than subtle hint that Idun,
and Eden are related in some way (now, he may be right, but i have my
doubts).

 The rattan basket criticizes the palm leaf basket, still both are full of
holes.