Help for PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L Archives

PED-EM-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

PED-EM-L Home

PED-EM-L  June 2010

PED-EM-L June 2010

Re: Discharging babies without a car sealt?

Lisa Davidson <[log in to unmask]>

Lisa Davidson <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:38:01 -0700

This issue has come up for us. We document that the parents receive information on where to get inexpensive car seats and that they are given a copy of the Arizona law regarding children being restrained(per our legal department's request).  We have some car seats that we give out on a case by case basis.  We currently do not have any certified car seat installers but we are working to train some staff to do this as a community service.

Lisa Davidson RN, BSN, MA
Pediatric Clinical Education Consultant
Mendy's Place/Kidszone
John C. Lincoln Hospitals
ph: 623-879-5483
pager: 602-709-2028
email: [log in to unmask]

Children are our most valuable natural resource ~ Herbert Hoover