Help for SCUBA-L Archives

SCUBA-L Archives

SCUBA-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

SCUBA-L Home

SCUBA-L  March 2000, Week 1

SCUBA-L March 2000, Week 1

Archives and the Open Forum (was Re: Up To Date Archives)

"Robert F. Ling" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 7 Mar 2000 11:47:44 -0500

At 10:58 PM 3/6/00 -0600, Jan wrote:
>Bob wrote
>
>> You're to be congratulated for this VERY VALUABLE discovery and
>> contribution to Scuba-L!
>
>Needless to say I am shocked beyond belief.  Never in a million
>years did I think I would get this much of a complement out of
>you Bob.

Why?  Because I discredited you when discredit was due?  :-)
I also give credit when credit is due.  The sad fact of the
matters is, in Scuba-L, that occasions that DESERVE the latter
is rare, while occasions for the former is common, and only a
RARE person accepts a criticism of any kind constructively.

> Thanks!

Nada.  You DESERVED it.

Speaking of archives, I take this opportunity to post an excerpt
of a recent post of mine in rec.scuba.  Readers can see the
relevance of an ARCHIVE of posts and its relevance to some of
the "guidelines" I have suggested and discussed in recent posts.

                  *******************************
                  *******************************

>When I searched Deja.com using the many different keywords to
>find what Arne (Arne D. Thronsen -- we ALL know him, don't we?)
>had posted in the past (mostly SPAMS for Aldora), I found that
>he had removed all of them, except leaving a few self-serving
>posts of his, and a few acting as a mouthpiece for Dave Dillehay
>of Aldora (who unaccountably can post elsewhere but not in
>rec.scuba, says Arne).   Why would anyone go to such lengths in
>SELECTIVELY erasing his own track (which is considerable) in
>what he said about Aldora unless he is ASHAMED of what he posted.
>
>When I searched Deja.com using the keywords "Aldora IDIOT Ron Lee",
>and its variations, I found Ron Lee had erased his own shameful
>tracks too, and I found only posts by OTHERS who made negative
>comments about Ron Lee on the erased posts by Ron.  Same question
>I have about Arne's disappeared posts in Deja.com.
>
>That says SOMETHING, and something mysterious, about the MOST ardent
>supporters and PRAISERS of Aldora, don't you think?
>
>Read my post AGAIN.  I simply analyzed, item by item, what "genedy"
>said why Aldora was "good" and showed that so are many other
>operators in Cozumel that are as good or better;  and why some
>of his reasons are INVALID, and some are wrong.
>
>That's what I typically do when I commented on my past posts about
>Aldora.  It's ALL deja vu.  It's ALL IN DejaNews, now Deja.com.
>NONE was erased by me.  Unlike the others, I have nothing to be
>ashamed of.

I am happy to report, that unlike ALL previous times, whenever I
post ANYTHING that had the word "Aldora" in it, there were always
a mob of "Aldora Mental Midgets" and "Aldora IDIOTS" (note those
are DESERVED 'labelling' of all the Mr. Xs in my reply to Luke's
proposed guideline).  NOW you shouldn't have any problem finding
that reply in the Scuba-L archives, thanks to Jan's discovery. :-)

THIS time, there was a VERY conspicuous absence of them.  In fact,
there was NO follow-ups, because everyone could see for themselves
in EVERYTHING I've ever posted, not only in rec.scuba, but in
other scuba forums as well; and because the noise-makers NOW know
that even if they REMOVE their OWN posts in the archives, they
cannot remove MINE, or those of others, who point to THEIR
foolishness.

It's also a GOOD SELF REMINDER that every time you post, you're
in the public archives.

(to be continued)

-- Bob.