CONLANG  April 2000, Week 4

CONLANG April 2000, Week 4

Re: French syntax (was: Italian Particles)

Tim Smith <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:24:34 -0400

At 02:32 PM 4/21/2000 -0400, Nik Taylor wrote:
>Christophe Grandsire wrote:
>> >ZdetEst mari (VO)
>> ZladetEst mari (VO)
>
>[other examples snipped]
>
>Are there any patterns to when _la_ is used and when it's not?

I was wondering the same thing myself.  I was also wondering how the
various examples differ functionally, in terms of topic and focus marking.

>Also, how are these spelled in written French?
>
>> (I said in an earlier post that French could be considered as a
>> polysynthetic language, here is an example :) ), and as you see, with
>> slight differences of intonation and sense, absolutely all orders between
>> S, O and V are possible in French.

So what are these "differences of intonation and sense"?

- Tim