CONLANG  June 2000, Week 2

CONLANG June 2000, Week 2

Re: Random M+AP8-jatx Thoughts

Mia <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Jun 2000 00:12:22 -0400

Ack! You are right! This is where that lovely habitual comes
in...

Perhaps it should have been:

Ad derex eteredje f˙yititx.
the gods are-habitual-neg. subtle(adj)
or
Ad derex f˙yiteredje.
the gods are-subtle-habitually-neg.

These mean something closer to "The Gods are never subtle," which
is what they mean. In the culture I have sorted out to go with
this language, this proverb would be true. Who or what the gods
are, I don't know, but these people see their direct and
not-so-subtle influence in their history, for better or worse.
Also, the saying could also have a "when it rains, it pours"
sentiment to it, in addition to the more literal meaning.