Monospaced Font

CONLANG  June 2000, Week 4

CONLANG June 2000, Week 4

Re : Tricksters (was Re: _Kantjil_: CHAT: Vexillology and games (was: Re: Fl...

Jonathan Chang <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:54:07 EDT

In a message dated 2000/06/22 01:56:21 PM:

    mathias wrote:
>is it the monkey of the monkey festival in hong kong?

     Yepyep

>funny that: si kancil actually manages to deceive the monkey by
>stealing fruit from him (but i can't remember how).

    Tricksters are sometimes the victims of mischief too. A really good book
on Trickster archetypes is _Trickster Made the World_ (I don't have it here,
so I can't remember the author's name).

    zHANg