CONLANG  July 2000, Week 2

CONLANG July 2000, Week 2

Re: The Littlest Conlanger

nicole perrin <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:29:50 -0400

(Sorry for not quoting, but I threw out the original e-mails).

Not only is this sample of word creation extremely cute and promising,
but it reminds me of when I was about five or six and did similar
things.  I remember writing long lists of words for everyday items:
shirt, skirt, shoes, paper, pencil, table, chair, mother, father.
Mostly nouns.  A big feature of these words was that they were very,
very long -- I thought it was fun to have complicated spellings with
silent letters, not because English did it, but because the words were
trickier and more exotic that way.  Unfortunately, there seems to have
been a void in my conlanging -- it completely stopped between about the
ages of nine and fourteen, although I did retain an interest in natlangs
during that time, especially obscure ones.

Nicole