CONLANG  October 2000, Week 1

CONLANG October 2000, Week 1

Re: What's Yiklamu? (was Re: Lahabic Syntax)

Raymond Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Oct 2000 06:13:22 +0100

At 2:08 pm -0400 2/10/00, The Gray Wizard wrote:
[....]
>I say that Mark was somewhat controversial in that he was a professional
>linguist with very strongly held opinions

..which made a refreshing change to Chomskyan orthodoxy ;)

>and seemed to rub and be rubbed in
>all the wrong ways while interacting with the list members.  However, I had
>several rather long off-list correspondences

I did also.

>with him before he disappeared
>off the face of the internet and found him to be an extremely interesting
>personality.

...and very helpful, also.

We were even on Auxlang together at one time  :)
But Mark quitted that arena before I did IIRC.

>I have no idea what has become of him.  Has anyone else?

Yes, does anyone know what's become of him?

Ray.

A mind which thinks at its own expense
will always interfere with language.
                   [J.G. Hamann 1760]