CONLANG  October 2000, Week 1

CONLANG October 2000, Week 1

Re: [conlang] Digest Number 436

"Anthony M. Miles" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:09:44 CDT

In the change from Early to Classical Lahabic:
EL:
thale'drakhe      girl
thale'dalei       girlhood
thale'nniyarkhe   little girl
thale'nniyandlei  little girlhood
tyelendha-        green (adj)
tyelendrakhe      youth
tyelenalei        greenness, a garden
tyelenniyandlei   a small garden (from widnow box size to about forty square
feet)
EL:
thle'drakh      girl
thle'dali'       girlhood
thale'ni'rkh   little girl
*thleinandli'  little girlhood
tyeldha-        green (adj)
thlendrakh      youth
tyelnali'        greenness, a garden
*thleinandli'   a small garden (from widnow box size to about forty square
feet)
Other accidental resemblances are la'rkh 'God' < la'rkhe, la'rkh 'thinker' <
hala'rakhe 'thinker' (replaced by alza'rkh (Animate) < alzali' 'thinking'
(Inanimate) < halazalei 'thinking'), all from route HALAZ-, and
ba'rkh 'member' < ba'rkhe < ba' 'body part' -r-khe and ba'rkh < haba'rakhe
'speaker', from root HABAZ- 'speak'
The islanders also confuse CL ou 'over' <  EL heud 'over' with CL u' < EL
houd 'onto'.