CONLANG  October 2000, Week 1

CONLANG October 2000, Week 1

Re: T-Shirt in Nadsat

Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Oct 2000 18:51:44 -0400

Steg Belsky wrote:

> I was under the impression that Nadsat uses something like "yazeek" or
> "yahzick" for "language".

Yahzick means "tongue".  I don't seem to recall any examples of it being
used in the sense of "language", but perhaps it could.  There isn't,
after all, any talk about languages in the book, only some references to
different ways of using English.

Maybe both words could be used for some variety:

Tolchok like yahzick death ... invent a goloss!

--
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos
God gave teeth; God will give bread - Lithuanian proverb