CONLANG  October 2000, Week 1

CONLANG October 2000, Week 1

Re: Telek -- Invent a Language

Danny Wier <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 1 Oct 2000 17:50:52 -0700

--- Yoon Ha Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > > I'm thinking of incorporating Tuvan/Mongolian throat-singing
> >
> > What's "throat-singing"?
>
> A how-to page, though I haven't had much luck in the little practice I've
> done:
>  http://www.mmjp.or.jp/booxbox/nodo/how/how.html

I had no luck either.  I ended up whistling and making my cat give me that
stupid look.

Mind if I move this over to conculture so I don't have to ask a question about
vocal techniques on conlang where it'll be WAY off topic?  ;]

=====
DaW.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." [Frank Zappa]