SCUBA-L February 2001, Week 2

March Madness at Boynton Beach

Chuck <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:21:34 -0600

Diving from 3/9-3/11 come one come all.  We get enough people we will have
the boat to ourselves.  Price list attached as well as some info on the
boats.  If you are coming, please call and make a reservation with DCI at
888 340 DIVE. Tell them you are with the NED fest. If thre are enough
people, the moon is full the night of 3/9.

CH

The trip schedule and rates: (Individual)
          Mon-Fri ----------- Depart 10:00am-- 2 dives--$49.50
                                  Depart   2:30pm-- 2 dives--$49.50

          Mon, Wed, Fri - Depart  12:30pm-- 3 dives--$68.50

          Saturday,
           Sunday,
            Holidays --------Depart   8:30am-- 2 dives--$49.50
                                  Depart   1:30pm-- 2 dives--$49.50
                                  Depart   1:30pm-- 3 dives--$68.50

                                             NIGHT  DIVES
                  November 1st through April 15th
           Friday------------ Depart    6:00pm --2 dives-- $52.50
           Saturday-------- Depart    6:00pm --2 dives-- $52.50
           April 15th through October 31st - - - Depart at 6:30pm

Non diving rider, all trips - - - - - - - - - - - - -  $30.00
In water DM as a guide or for comfort:        $80.00  2 diver maximum

Note: All holidays are the same schedule as Saturdays and Sundays.
Special Note: The Friday after Thanksgiving is treated as a Holiday.

     Equipment Rental Prices:
             Tanks (Air)------------------------------------  $  9.00
             Tanks (Nitrox)---------------- Alum 80's  $ 13.00
                            HP Steel 100's (DIN only)  $ 14.00
             Regulator--------------------------------------  $ 10.00
             BCD---------------------------------------------  $ 10.00
             Mask, Fins, Snorkel----------------------   $ 10.00
             Wetsuit Top ---------------------------------   $  6.00
             Wetsuit Bottom-----------------------------   $  6.00
             Weight Belts w/ Weights ---------------   $  5.00
             Air fills -----------------------------------------   $  5.00
             Nitrox Fills ------------------- 80's ---------   $  9.00
                                                100's --------  $ 10.00
                                                120's --------  $ 11.00

All Equipment Rentals: Full Day -- No Charge 2nd trip - pay for fills only

      For those never doing any scuba diving in the area, they're in
for a nice surprise, as the reefs in the Boynton to Boca area will
rival anything to be found in the Caribean and far surpass all else
in Florida, including the Keys. Due to agricultural pollution to
the north and industrial pollution to the south, the same cannot
be said for the dive sites near Miami/Lauderdale or Palm Beach.
Their coral reefs are on a decline, I'm afraid. Our proximity to
the Gulfstream (the closest to land anywhere in the Northern
Hemisphere) provides an excellent flushing affect, benefiting
us with an average of 80 feet of visibility and warm, colbalt blue
water.
         I feel it only fair to tell you there are operations lower
priced than ourselves, but you'll not find any providing near the
service we provide. I'm speaking of maybe two dollars per trip.
"DEEPER" and "LITTLE DEEPER" are especially liked by the
ladies due to their ease of entry and exit from the water. "LITTLE
DEEPER" is USCG certified for 22 plus crew, but we take no
more than 14 divers, while "DEEPER" is USCG certified for 26
plus crew, and we take no more than 20 divers aboard, again, for
added passenger comfort. All surface intervals are a minimum of
one hour for safety and you'll not find that ANYWHERE else.
On most vessels, they're trying to rush you along and they will
limit your dive time. Not on our boats! You dive your own
profile. An in-water divemaster can be provided, and he (or she)
is instructor rated. We do no cluster drops, meaning all passengers
are not put on the same ball. No more than four per flag.(We do
drift diving)  Then there's our coral reefs, teeming with a myriad
of reef life and on most any dive, you'll have the opportunity to
dive with some of the larger sea life. Not uncommon to the area
are Sailfish and Marlin (although fleeting glimpses), Spotted Eagle
Rays, Nurse Sharks, maybe even an occasional Whale Shark. So
you see, the diving is great, the service is the best in Florida, and
it's very uncommon to NOT meet and make new life-long friends.
You're only a stranger on our boats once. I've often tried to figure
out who adopts whom, our customers us or us adopting our
customers, but either way, it works well. I often overhear some
of the divers, when showing "LITTLE DEEPER" or "DEEPER"
to their family, refer to them as "my dive boat", and I wouldn't want
it any other way.
       We do have three wrecks, one that we will not do as we do
consider it to be far too dangerous for sport divers. She lies in
228 fsw in an area of vicious currents, multiple directions most
of the time. The other two are great. We don't drift the wrecks,
but use a down line. Buddying up is no problem as we have a
large amount of single divers on the boats.
       We do a have a shark dive, however, we don't believe in
"shark FEEDING dives". We do have an area that affords at least
an 80% chance of encountering sharks, but in their natural state.
Shark feeding isn't good as eventually the shark loses. The shark
fishermen find out about them and one night they'll go to the area
and clean them out very easily as the sharks have become accus-
tomed to the sound of the boat, the sound of the divers, etc.and
it ends up as Mrs. Paul's fish sticks before dawn. If not this scenario,
eventually someone gets bit or mauled and the "backup" has to
powerhead the shark, to say nothing of what the diver is going to
go through for the next few months. And this has happened at
three of the "feeding" operations this year over in the Bahamas.
We DON'T feed the sharks and I don't allow spear guns on that
dive! We don't charge any premium when we do that dive, either.
This dive is pre-programmed and all on board need not do the
dive.Those not wanting to do so will be dropped on a different reef
about two miles distant after the shark dive is over.Yes, it does
lengthen the trip a bit, but that's all right.
     "DEEPER" was built two years ago by Canaveral Custom Boats
in Cape Canaveral, Florida. She has several diver friendly features
we feel necessary for what we're doing with her. The rear deck
can be totally enclosed with wrap around windowed canvas on
those "cool" winter days or night trips. There's an air compressor
aboard to be used on our 4 day coastal diving cruises, sound
insulated engine compartment, Television w/ VHS to view
your underwater videos or the ballgames, hot water showers (2),
microwave to heat your lunches, 24 cup coffee maker, full stereo
system with hydrophone, complete head with shower, lower cabin,
camera center, and more yet.
       Just this week, we added the third vessel, a twin to "DEEPER"
with all the conveniences of "DEEPER" and an even better ladder
configuration making ingress and egress from the water even easier.
       Cathy Kelly's "Destinations II", DCI's destination dive travel
division, has been totally revamped to be more accommadating to
your needs. No longer do you need be part of a group or join in
on a group trip. Whether you're a single, a couple, a family, or a
group, Cathy can set up your dive trip to all corners of the world.
Live aboards, the South Seas, the Caribbean, whatever your desires,
give her a call or drop her an e-mail, and check out what's in store.
Cathy has dived all over the world, many places never mentioned
in the dive magazines due to their remoteness, so she knows how
to fill your needs by giving her just a few hints.They are all quite
exciting, and were set up from what we heard from folks such as
yourselves over the past five years. Additionally, she has added a
service departing locally by small plane flying into several parts
of the Bahamas. You can wake up in the morning, decide you
want to zip over, make a couple of dives and be home for supper,
whether it be Bimini, Walker's Cay, Abaco, Eleuthera, or the
southern Bahamas. As I said, call, e-mail, or just stop by and see
Cathy. The coffee is always on
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That
way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.

http://www.casaquetzal.com
http://www.islacozumel.net/homes/quetzal.htm