SCUBA-L February 2001, Week 3

Planning a shore dive

Pat Folan <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:17:15 +0000

Hello all ,

I would like to start planning my own shore dives. Up to this point I have gone
to dive centres and done boat or shore dives which the dive centre
recommended.

Does anyone have advise on how to plan dives? I would like at some point to
do a shore dive near my folks home where I grew up. I know the area well and
spent many happy summers boating and fishing there. Although I know many
areas which would be sheltered and have easy entry and exit points I am not
sur