SCUBA-L February 2001, Week 3

Weekend of diving

Karla Clinch <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:41:29 EST

Well The weekend was chalked full of diving.

We did the RSB 1 on Sat. AM  The current was ripping, so I was going to not
do it, and have someone else untie the line.  But Bob dropped me up current
about a half a mile, and I drifted over the wreck while the others dove it.
When I got to the wreck, I could not stay there.  Or at least, I could have,
but chose not to....current was just too strong, and didn't feel like
fighting it.  They picked me up a mile north of the wreck.  I drifted 1.5
miles in about 30 minutes....>Wow....

Turned out, I had to go down and unhook anyway.  The ind