CONLANG  March 2001, Week 2

CONLANG March 2001, Week 2

questions about Arabic

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:52:27 EST

I am working on a conlang which is based on Anglo-Saxon adapted to Arabic
phonology, and I have a few questions for anyone who knows about Arabic
linguistics.

Firstly, what form was Arabic in when English was in the early Old English
stage? Was it essentially the same as Modern Standard Arabic in phonology?

Also, what sort of sound changes usually occur from Classical Arabic to the
dialects? I'm planning to use those sound changes for my conlang, but I can't
find much information on Arabic sound change.

Thanks.