CONLANG  March 2001, Week 2

CONLANG March 2001, Week 2

Re: A Writing on Speechken (was: An ungothroughsome riddle)

Steg Belsky <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:00:53 -0500

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:39:49 -0500 John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Steg Belsky wrote:

> > Do any of you mind?

> Go for it, O Roof-wyrm.
>
> --
> There is / one art             || John Cowan
-

Okay, i get the "wyrm" part, if you're doing something with my email
address.... but where does "roof" come from?  Isn't "fire" a perfectly
good native Germanic word?  And if it has nothing to do with my email
address, what is it? :-)

-Stephen (Steg), who learned how to write his name in Bengali yesterday.
 "En Catalaņazor / perdiķ Almanzor / el atambor."