CONLANG  July 2001, Week 4

CONLANG July 2001, Week 4

Re: The "If you call me insane again..." page, at long last!

Cian Ross <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:35:52 -0500

>On Saturday 21 July 2001 12:49, Dan Seriff wrote:
>> Some of you may remember several months ago, when several people
>> translated the phrase "If you call me insane again, I'll eat your
>> other eye."

This is just odd enough to be interesting to translate. :)

In Veldan [v: is a long vowel, v` is a stress-accented short vowel]:

Dais ano:ste me:n wa:lmesente:n are`si, sa i:sedim te:rim eli:m su:lim

If  PRES-name-2ND-SG-PT me-ACC-SG be-in-mind-torment-VA-ACC-SG again,
then IMM-FUT-eat-1ST-SG-PT your-ACC-SG other-ACC-SG eye-ACC-SG

PRES = present tense
2ND-SG-PT = second person singular, point-of-time aspect
VA = verbal adjective
ACC-SG = accusative singular
IMM-FUT = immediate future tense
1ST-SG-PT = first person singular, point-of-time aspect

Cian