CONLANG  July 2001, Week 4

CONLANG July 2001, Week 4

Re: "Coming out" about conlanging to people in Academia

Tristan Alexander McLeay <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:41:49 +1000

Various responses:

Rumours that apparently I study one of my conlangs as a year 12 subject
(not that I knew this) (and this is like you'd study Japanese or German,
too) being created.

'You're really very non-conformist' (not helped by the fact that I was
reading Chaucer at the time) (and the tone of voice was more-or-less
accepting).

'Oh? That's interesting.' (changes subject)

'You know, you really should tell your English teacher about this. I'm sure
she'd be very interested.' (from my mother)

Tristan

http://redaxe.au.tt/