CONLANG  August 2001, Week 3

CONLANG August 2001, Week 3

Re: OT: In the 'ignorance on parade' file

"Thomas R. Wier" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:57:17 -0500

Raymond Brown wrote:

> But this present thread is so depressing. For me: "and foreign words
> disturb the pureness of a langauge" is far too close to "and foreign blood
> disturbs the pureness of a race".  I saw at Auschwitz what that means -
> Ugh!!!

I do regret having first sent out that link.  I had assumed that there
was considerably more unanimity about this issue on the list than
there appears to have been.   I apologize to the list for any bitterness
that it may have caused.

Thomas Wier | AIM: trwier

"Aspidi men Saiôn tis agalletai, hên para thamnôi
  entos amômêton kallipon ouk ethelôn;
autos d' exephugon thanatou telos: aspis ekeinê
  erretô; exautês ktêsomai ou kakiô" - Arkhilokhos