CONLANG  September 2001, Week 2

CONLANG September 2001, Week 2

Re: me and my languages

The Gray Wizard <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:02:53 -0400

Welcome Michael,

I suppose one man's eclecticism, if broad enough, is bound to overlap
another's.  I visited your website and was especially thrilled to see your
interest in astronomy as well as conlanging.  I share both of these
interests myself (see my own rather eclectic collection of pages at
www.graywizard.net).

I will be 58 in a few weeks and have been at the art of constructing
languages, off and on, for about 45 of those years.  Until about a year ago
I only had one conlang, amman iar (see
www.graywizard.net/Conlinguistics/amman_iar/amman_iar.htm) which I have been
maturing for most of that time.  Like omeina, amman iar is an ergative
language.  In the last year I have attempted, sometimes successfully, but
often frustratedly, to create two related languages (forendar and nathya),
but neither is progressing particularly well at the moment.

I must admit that I find both Alarieston and omeina particularly pleasing
myself (they could easily be borrowed into amman iar).  I'm looking forward
to a web presence for omeina and any tidbits that you might share with us
here.

Once again, welcome to our little community.

Stay curious,
David

David E. Bell
The Gray Wizard