CONLANG  September 2001, Week 2

CONLANG September 2001, Week 2

Re: me and my languages

Michael Poxon <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:59:47 +0100

Jim alar,

Dari loiste elandúnaril Durunike. Busikain óme haile na, o rien 'Russian'
na. Milahi bere areta Omeinen, menku ruskuladion:
http://freespace.vigin.net/m.poxon/omeina/

Dear Jim,
Thank you for your welcome in Druni. I like a language with taste, and yours
is 'Russian'. If you want to see more about Omeina, go to my website
(literally: net-place). I don't know the history of Druni, but it sounds,
and looks, very Slavic. Is that the intention?
A quick guide to the above grammar:
Dari: I(subj) - you(obj); auxiliary verb
Loiste: thank; dependent verb
Elandunaril: elan - well; duna - come; -ril - shortened form of dative case
(full form -lde)
Durunike: Omeina doesn't allow initial consonant clusters, so Druni becomes
Duruni; -ke - translative case
Busikain: Tasty (also genitive case of Busika, strong taste)
Ome: voice, language
Haile: to like
Na: auxiliary (it) is. Omeina has no grammatical gender (or nominal plurals,
for that matter!)
Rien: conjugated personal pronoun, genitive case: of-you, i.e., yours
Milahi: mi- is another auxiliary, to want; -la 2nd person marker (Omeina
does not distinguish between 2p singular and plural, but does have "exalted"
forms for 2nd person as well as 3rd person singular and plural; -hi -
translates English "if".
Bere: to see, dependent verb
Areta: more. Omeina also has a wide variety of adjective comparisons, such
as; areston (most of all) or aralden (too much), etc.
Menku: imperative, go
Ruskuladion: to my website. Rusku - net; ruskula - net-place; ruskulade - my
net-place; ruskuladion - to my net-place.
Whew!

Mike