CONLANG  September 2001, Week 2

CONLANG September 2001, Week 2

Re: me and my languages

Dan Sulani <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:24:44 +0200

    First, to Alfred and Michael,

    va'i  skavo`gygiha!  ( = welcome!)

You'll find our list a very interesting and stimulating
place. I know that I have!

    On 9 Sept, Jim Hopkins wrote:
>Any one else care to
>divulge their age and the age of their oldest conlang project?

     It's a good thing that these "count the days of our lives"
threads come up every so often, otherwise I'd forget to do it! :-)
(Among all those other things my wife is always complaining
that I forget to do, like washing dishes, taking out garbage etc. ;-)  )
Let's see: adding up all kinds of things and dividing by other things,  ;-)
my age comes out to 53.
    I have been working on my conlang, rtemmu, for only about
a couple of years. So far it doesn't have any conculture associated
with it.

    Jesse Bangs wrote:

> My question to the group: do you guys have favorite phrases in your own
> languages?  What are they?

I have an rtemmu idiom, which I like,  for "being graceful" . It goes like
this:

    fis slalal no ykalaltafo

(to swim quickly like a wave which is slowly developing in beauty)

fis = ("slalal" is) objectively developing quickly
slalal = the process of swimming
no = ("ykalaltafo" is) subjectively developing slowly
ykalal = the process of wave-formation
-tafo = developing in beauty

Dan Sulani

likehsna rtem zuv tikuhnuh auag inuvuz vaka'a.

A word is an awesome thing.