CONLANG  September 2001, Week 3

CONLANG September 2001, Week 3

Re: .com/religion

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:03:51 +0200

En réponse à Andreas Johansson <[log in to unmask]>:

> Christophe Grandsire wrote:
>
> >If I had to describe myself more accurately, I'd say that I'm a
> >spiritualist
> >agnostic and pantheist.
>
> Agnostic and pantheist? Does that mean that you don't know if there's
> God,
> but if there is you think he/she/it's more or less identical with the
> universe?

It's one of my opinions yes. But there's also something else: I don't know if
there is a God, but I think there are gods, or at least spiritual creatures
that are born from people's faith in them. They have the characteristics people
give them, but they are not omnipotent and omniscient. And if the faith of
people in them disappears, they will disappear too. Those "gods" (I don't know
a better name for them, though they don't quite fit the usual definition of
gods) are only one type of spiritual creatures existing (that's the
spiritualist part), but they represent all religions in the world (that's the
pantheist part). As for the existence of a God, creator of the Universe and
everything in it, I don't know if It exists or not, and I don't feel the need
for It to exist to have an ideal in life (that's the agnostic part).

My opinions on this are extremely personal, and are not meant to hurt anyone.
As I said, they are just opinions, derived from my studies of all belief
systems I could find information on, and personal experience. A nearly rational
approach of the irrational :) ...

> Just confused.

I hope I cleared up my thoughts, but I'm afraid my explanations are just as
confused as before.

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr