SCUBA-L September 2001, Week 3

Re: Call for Prayer

"Gozum M @ Home" <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 15 Sep 2001 09:15:23 -0400

[ Thought you'd all like to know what all US divers will be faced with in
the near term ]

Dear ,

September 11 was a tragic day for America.  On behalf of all the employees
at US Airways, our hearts go out to the families and friends of the victims
of these atrocious acts in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania.

To ensure the safety and security of airline passengers, heightened
security measures have been implemented at airports. As you plan your trip,
please keep the following in mind:

- Be sure to bring proper photo identification before you leave home.
Acceptable forms of identification are a valid photo driver's license, an
active passport or an employee identification from a county, state or
federal agency.

- Due to increased passenger and baggage security screenings at all
airports, passengers should plan to arrive at the airport a minimum of two
hours before departure for all domestic flights and minimum of two and a
half hours for international flights.

- You may check your luggage at the ticket counter and at the E-Ticket
Kiosks that US Airways operates at New York LaGuardia, Boston and Ronald
Reagan Washington National airports. Baggage will no longer be accepted for
check in at curbside or at off-airport locations. Luggage may be checked at
the airport within four hours of flight time.

- Only customers holding an electronic ticket confirmation letter, a travel
agency itinerary, a US Airways itinerary, boarding pass or a paper ticket
will be permitted beyond the security check points. People without tickets
will not be permitted in the gate areas to greet arriving passengers or see
off departing passengers.

- Special arrangements will be made at the check-in counter to provide gate
passes for parents or guardians of unaccompanied minors and passengers with
special needs.  Unaccompanied minors and passengers with special needs are
required to go to the airport ticket counter to check-in.

- Unauthorized, unattended vehicles near a terminal building will be towed.

- There will be an increased presence of law enforcement and security
personnel at airports, where there will also be heightened vigilance for
unattended bags.

- No knives of any size, or made from any material, are permitted on flights.

REFUND POLICY

US Airways has implemented the following policy for customers ticketed for
travel from September 11, 2001, through September 25, 2001. Passengers may
choose from one of the following options.

- Reschedule travel on or before November 15, 2001, without change fees or
penalties. For more information call US Airways reservations at 1-800-428-4322.

- Apply value of ticket toward the purchase of future travel up to one year
from the original first date of travel without change fees or penalties.

- Receive a refund without penalty for unused travel segments ticketed for
travel from September 11, 2001, through September 25, 2001.

- Tickets for September 26, 2001, and beyond may be refunded per applicable
fare rule.

While we have resumed operations, it may be several days before we are able
to operate our complete schedule. Given that our schedule may change
frequently during the coming weeks, please check http://www.usairways.com
call US Airways reservations or check with your travel consultant when
planning your next trip.

We are dedicated to making sure that your travel experience is safe and
uneventful.  We look forward to seeing you aboard another US Airways flight
soon.

warm regards,

Marv