Monospaced Font

CONLANG  October 2001, Week 4

CONLANG October 2001, Week 4

Re: Good/Beneficient (was: More Nyenya'a)

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:14:56 +0200

En réponse à Frank George Valoczy <[log in to unmask]>:

> I do know that at least historically the Maroc-Algerie-Tunisie refion
> was
> called Maghreb at least by the French, based on a French book I have
> about
> railways in the Maghreb, as well as a history of the Legion Etrangere.
>
> ---frank

It's still (and of course we pronounce it /magrEb/ :)) . AFAIK, Arabic speakers
from the East of Egypt on use this word for the three countries, like French
people do. Probably due to the distance...

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

Take your life as a movie: don\'t let anybody else play the leading role.