CONLANG  November 2001, Week 2

CONLANG November 2001, Week 2

Re: Velar Laterals (was: Yet another ASCII-IPA scheme...)

Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 06:42:31 -0500

Well, I sometimes make mine the way you discribe, which is, of course, the
cannonical way.  But I also produce an /S/ sound the same way David is
discribing.  I think the David-style /S/ only shows up in certain
environments -- word-initial, I think -- in fast speech for me.  David seems
to have a more generlized usage from what he discribes.

Adam

So lift the cup of joy and take a big drink.
In spite of it all it's a beautiful world.
-------Suzanne Knutzen