The TEI workgroup on character issues will meet in Tuebingen on July
23 from 9am to 6pm and on July 24 from 9am to noon. Prof. Wilhelm Ott
of Tuebingen University kindly arranged that we will be able to use
the rooms at his Institute for Datenverarbeitung, Waechterstrasse 16.
Provisional agenda for the meeting
1. Introduction, administrative announcements, adoption of agenda.
2. Review of relevant sections in P4, specifically Chapters 4
(Languages and Character Sets) and 25 (Writing System
Declaration), both with respect to corrections to P4 and new
proposals for P5.
3. Review of use cases and current practice.
4. Architectural issues: Processing model for TEI texts,
modularization of WSD.
4.1. Issues related to the extension/modification of the document
4.2. Issues related to the declaration/description etc. of the
language(s) used in the document.
4.3. Other issues
5. Test of markup strategies.
6. Future planning.
7. Closing remarks, thanks to the hosts.
Christian Wittern (chair)
obververs are welcome, please contact Christian Wittern for details.
Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University
47 Higashiogura-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8265, JAPAN