CONLANG July 2002, Week 2

Re: Thorn vs Eth

Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:24:16 -0400

Kendra wrote:
> I'm curious as to how many natural languages have th and dh, as I heard that
> not many do. Anyone? :)

Modern Greek for one. Castilian Spanish has /T/ and [D] as an allophone
of /d/. Icelandic has /T/ and /D/. I can't think of any others
off-head. Those are fairly rare.

--
"There's no such thing as 'cool'. Everyone's just a big dork or nerd,
you just have to find people who are dorky the same way you are." -