CONLANG  July 2002, Week 2

CONLANG July 2002, Week 2

Re: Translation exercise was Re: What _Le Monde_ thinks of conlanging

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:07:46 +0200

En réponse à Peter Clark <[log in to unmask]>:

> On Sunday 14 July 2002 01:02, John Cowan wrote:
> > http://www.zompist.com/lemonde.html
>         I rather like the phrase "Cette futilité absolue ne manque pas
> de charme..."
> even if it could be taken as derogatory. Or maybe its just because it's
> in
> French.

Nope, it is derogatory even in French. But in this case I don't think that the
journalist meant it in a derogatory way. Or else why would he have spent time
on making an article about it :))) .

Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr