CONLANG  July 2002, Week 2

CONLANG July 2002, Week 2

Re: creolego "cannibalizes" AND "phagocytates" (wasRe: Gaelic

J Y S Czhang <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 21:22:48 EDT

In a message dated 07/14/2002 10.55.13 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>For instance, it isn't the way children are taught in school, and haven't
>been taught in school since the seventies. Nowadays they learn to
>differentiate between 'lekkere ei' and 'vieze ij' -- tasty ei and nasty
>ij. [ . . . ]

    LOL "tasty ei" and "nasty ij" ??? Is that actually how it is termed 0_o?
I have heard you Netherlanders were pun-sters and lingua-manglers... but this
lil tidbit is truly quite a hoot (and a memorable mnenomic as well).

Hanuman Zhang

    "Among the fogs and miasmas which obscure our _fin de millénaire_, ....
all the disciplines will have to combine their creativity to ward off the
ordeals of barbarism, the mental implosion and chaosmic spasms looming on the
horizon, and transform them into riches and unforeseen pleasures, the
promises of which, for all that, are all too tangible." - Félix Guattari,
_Chaosmosis: an Ethico-Aesthetic Paradigm_