CONLANG  December 2002, Week 1

CONLANG December 2002, Week 1

Sally back, and conlang survey part 1 and 2

Sally Caves <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:32:45 -0500

Dear Heather, I've come back from the dead (nomail), and am being inundated
with fascinating questions about statistics and about LAadan.  Hi
everybody!!!  Please count me in on your survey.  So sorry to have missed
it!   Teonaht is essentially nominative/accusative, but it has what I call a
split nominative that makes a distinction between agents and experiencers.
It's structurally SOV but in formal moments OSV, which is rare and difficult
and impossible to think in.  I've created a number of poems and songs in it.

Sally Caves
http://www.frontiernet.net/~scaves/teonaht.html
http://www.frontiernet.net/~scaves/contents.html
        best stuff on my extended grammar pages.  Still not complete, a
working professor,
        loads of publication demands and of course the teaching, the
teaching, the teaching.
        Got interviewed on NPR in the summer of 2001, I think it was.
        Published article on CONLANGING in the electronic journal _Media and
Culture_:
        http://www.media-culture.org.au/0003/languages.html
    "Audience, Uglossia and Conlang: Inventing Languages on the Internet.

I'm due to speak at Berkeley on Celtica and Conlang, so you'll probably be
seeing me here, with another "lunatic survey."  Yours sounds very technical.
May I participate?  Please send me the questionaire!  :)

firrimby (grateful),
Sally

A hundred surveys of 100 conlangs?  Wow!