CONLANG  January 2003, Week 2

CONLANG January 2003, Week 2

"glossopoeia" (was: RE: Conlang Poetry

And Rosta <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:14:31 -0000

Sally:
> And here I thought *I* invented it back in 1998! <G>  Taking my cue from
> "mythopoeisis"!
> Ah, sigh..
>
> Sally Caves

Sorry if this has already been said -- I can't manage to keep up
with Conlang. Claudio Gnoli (iirc, but it may have been another)
came up with "glossopoesia". I had independently come up with
"glossopoeia" in pre-Conlang days (iirc) -- it is after all an
obvious word -- but, and this is why I'm posting this, Steve
Deyo was publishing _Glossopoeic Quarterly__ in pre-Conlang
days. Yes, there were small conlang journals in pre-net days
(also _Taboo Jadoo_ and _journal of Planned Languages_), but of
course it was nigh-on impossible to discover their existence. But
it's useful to realize that not all artlangers were working in
ignorance of one another in pre-net days.

--And.