CONLANG  March 2003, Week 4

CONLANG March 2003, Week 4

Re: Ethymologie- &-Re: Sally's survey

J Y S Czhang <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:59:38 EST

In a message dated 2003:03:22 07:49:56 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>Czhang wrote:
>>     --- my favourite Cantonese greeting (other than the ultra-familiar
>"So
>> you have not died yet?" -
>
>Wonderful! That's going to end up in Gwr, if you don't mind

    I don't mind... it's Cantonese anyways & I don't have a copyright to
THAT, hehe.

>-- something
>like, "So, still alive, eh?" Perhaps too, "Well, I see you're still
>ugly....", and with different tones it might mean "the day brightened when
>you arrived", thus, suitable for use with Kash and other outlanders.

    LOL.

>I seem to recall reading that somewhere, the greeting is "Have you bathed
>yet?"  (NOT in the sense, 'you smell'!)

    Mayhaps the same Amazonia tribe that says "wag your tail at god" to mean
the word/concept of "wordship"...  ;)

Hanuman Zhang (aka "Z")
WOG (Wiley Oriental Gentleman ;)
Avatar of Sun WuKong, a.k.a _Ma-Lau_ ("Monkey")
a.k.a. "TricksterGod of the Glorious Anti-Imperialist Chinese Boxers";
ˇˇˇ  TricksterSkinWalkerShapeShifterIncarnate  !!!

<=  thee prIs ov X.iztenz iz aetern'l warfaer 'N' kreativ playf'llnizz...  =>

    =>  om hung hanumatay rudratmakai hung phat  <=
    mantra to Hanuman the Hindu Monkey TricksterGod

    "Life is all a great joke, but only the brave ever get the point."
            - Kenneth Rexroth

googolgigglabyte
goegolgiechelbijt  - of - met een vette megagrijns
GoogolGekicherByte
googolrisibyte ===> el byte de la  risita de googol
googolrisadinhabyte ===>  o byte de risadinha de googol
googolspassoctet
guugoIllolbijt
gugolhihibajt
gugolngisibayt
okukolkikikol
egúgelegigalibaith
kiletstroknolyadgigabaiti
cimacimakekehapi
baitakhakhweifayatrauni
ufi'auayinisuguguluarkhar
pokatra oemadroabhethetre
inarevuta yhiyhayhake nawyo
va'i utne tuktukt'ishushukuko`g tuk  go`go`o`gwgaga