CONLANG  June 2003, Week 3

CONLANG June 2003, Week 3

Re: LWII: The Euroclones Strike Back!

Jan van Steenbergen <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:45:16 +0100

 --- Konstantino Kornomoro a kriver:

> > As a matter of fact, I have no idea about the
> > number of Apocryphical books.
>
> A lot more than most people know or would admit
> to. There are also the Dead Sea hoard of
> scriptures and the Nag Hamadi hoard. Amazon.com
> or similar can locate any number of recent
> translations and presentations of these
> (unhappily too fragmentary) scriptures, if that's
> your interest!

As a matter of fact, it is. In general I love old scriptures. It's one out of
too many interests :( .

> > One question: if you are not exactly a friend
> > of IALs, why bother to translate this text into
> > one of them?
>
> Cos it's there? And anyway, I'm not against IALs
> as conlangs (though I find them tedious - but no
> more tedious than my own first efforts!).

You mean, your first efforts were IAL-like too?  o_0

> > Ahem! *Your* Fundamento?! It might have escaped
> > your attention that your
> > fundamento is nothing but a bad translation
> > from *our* Fundamento, which was
> > there long before the conceivers of Kernopanto
> > were even born!
>
> Hah! What a larf! You Venedinistes are so full of
> so much hooey!

Ah, at least our hooey makes perfect sense, which definitely cannot be said of
the inferior stuff the (Inter)ker((op)anto)linguistos usually spoil the
environment with.

> > In fact, our
> > scientists have found sufficient evidence that
> > Adam and Eve already communicated in Venedino.
>
> That's impossible! Not only are the Venedinistes
> full of BS in stealing their Fundamento from us,
> but they can introduce no better "evidence" than
> Adam and Eve! Come on! The whole world knows that
> Interkernopantolingua (THE One and Only IAL for
> the whole World - and don't you believe those
> Kernopantist schismatics!) was spoken by God
> himself when he created the universe! Afterall,
> it says so right in the bible: "dqavstxrt
> ds: ft lqss."

Don't allow them to mislead you! Indeed, He said it right, but not in this
Aluri-Romance mistranslation, which is also incomplete (it actually means:
"Disco visits are out of order! Find your luck [somewhere else]"). No, what he
really said is this: "U szy lucz." He tried in several languages, but only in
Venedino it worked, and from that moment on Venedino was The One and Only
Language Of The World.

> > From our Fundamento:
> > "Venedino is the Most Perfect, the Most
> > Universal, the One and Only True IAL
> > yet devised by the mind of humankind. It is the
> > language of all times - past,
> > present, and future. No other can compare;
> > e.g., Esperanto, Volapuko, Kernanto,
> > Kernopanto - they make the whole world laugh at
> > how ludicrously insufficient they are."
>
> See!? I mean, how ludicrous is that? What a
> second rate pastiche of several lesser IAL's
> fundamentos!

That's what educated people call "universal"! We are not responsible for the
fact that those lesser IALs stole parts of our text without even understanding
the deeper sense of it!

> > Should I be impressed now?
>
> You Venedinistes should, as is the rest of the
> World, flock to the One and Only IAL suitable for
> the true world communication! It is the easiest
> to learn, has a cool simple to grasp orthography,

Interehhh... -k-k-kernopantolingua, you mean? Don't make me laugh! If you ever
succeed in finding some naive, innocent soul stupid enough to waste his time on
poor efforts to actually learn this useless language, he'll probably need at
least half for memorising its name!

> and if we can dupe the UN, will soon have guns to
> back it up! Sod all you losers! :PP

Did you notice that, people? Interkernopantolingua's true face showing up!
Never say that I didn't warn you!

> > My agents informated me that the Kernopanto
> > movement has split in two
> > halves: the other speaker decided to quit and
> > promote another language,
> > Kernoklono, instead. What a fraud!
>
> Quite. We can't have spoilsports. The schismatics
> have been sacked.

Good thing! The language sucks, but at least Interkernopeanolingua knows how to
deal with dissidents. The Venedinistos are still much human for such an
approach.

> Yes, ANYWAY - none of your line of "reasoning"
> has even come close to demonstrating the
> superiority to Interkernopantolingua. I mean,

Pure propaganda!

> just look at the names: Interkernopantolingua
> compared to the oh so wimpy "Weenydeeno". Go back
> to the drawing board!

Absolutely never! Venedino is beautiful in its simplicity, mellifluous and
sweet-sounding, universal in its deeper understanding of the truth. Completely
unlike Inter... - what was it again?

> > this text only proves that those
> > Kernopantos are nothing but thieves,
> > not even worth the effort of suing them for
> > plagiarism.
>
> Like you could win!

Of course we would win! But we are kind-hearted people, so we'll leave the
poor suckers alone.

> You know it! Interkernopantolingua is The Way to
> Go!

Indeed, it is The Way To Go Straight To Hell!

> > Yeah, like this one: "We wanted to come
> > peacefully and bring you the cure to
> > all disease, but then we heard this poor excuse
> > for a language, and we decided
> > we might as well exterminate you right away.
> > Farewell, Earth!"
>
> Typical propaganda!

Ah, you see, people? When they run out of arguments, they always do that! What
a pity that it is so utterly transparent!

> Sheesh - one fewer speaker than Venedino and you
> make them out to be ... Oh I get it! Since
> there's only _one_ speaker of Venedino! Clever!

Ah, no! Millions and millions of people are already preparing for the great day
when Venedino finally takes over the world! By that time, I think it is safe to
esteem the percentage of Venedino speakers 99,98 % of the world population.

> Volvolinkvo is irrelevant.

For once we agree! Volvolinkvo is not only irrelevant, it is nothing. Zilch!
Rien du tout! Lousy pack of heretics... We'll deal with them when hour U is
there.

> > Let me enlighten you: they are just a
> > bunch of traitors and heretics!
>
> Typical of weak IAL movements like yours.

On the contrary, quite typical for strong IAL movements like mine (actually,
that is a misformulation, because Venedino is the One and Only IAL,
incomparable to other would-be IALs like Interkernopantolingua or whatever its
name is). The thing is, the proponents of all those small, insignificant
euroclones obviously feel threatened by the rise of such a giant; they even
feel they need to penetrate the Venedino movement with undercover agitators,
whose only task it is to obstruct the process... I wouldn't be surprised if
Volvolinkvo was actually the work of a Interkernopantolinguistic infiltrant!

> > First they
> > pretended to share the noble ideals
> > of the Venedino movement, but what they did in
> > fact was nothing but sabotage.
>
> You mean they tried to improve that rubbish, then
> gave up when they realised it is total bunk!

Au contraire, they were paid by foreign powers to turn a wonder of nature into
garbage. They didn't stand a chance, of course, but still - the mere idea!

> [Unlike our own heretics, who are sacked for
> entirely different reasons!]

Of course, your heretics were sacked because they were the only ones who had
something sensible to say. They even used ARGUMENTS. Well, that was something
previously completely unheard of in the (Inter)Kerpopeanto(lingua) movement!

> > They even tried to gain support for a monster
> > they called "Venedino Sen Flekso,
> > Artikulos e Diakritikos"!
>
> Name's too long. It'll never fly.

Oh, that's true. But well, it didn't last long anyway.
On the other hand, I hear that most members of the Interkernopantolingua
movement have left. Evidently, they had enough of an inferior language that is
not worth to effort of fighting for, and decided to start a new language. It is
called "Intereurokosmerantidossala" and seems to be quite successful among
former supporters of Kernanto, Kernoklono, Kernopanto, Interkernopantolingua...
probably because it is modelled completely after Venedino. Anyway, they are
kindly invited to join our movement and dwell among the chosen.

> > Lemme get this straght: They call the thing
> > "Venedino Sen _Flekso_,
> > Artikulo_s_ e Diakritiko_s_"? That seems pretty
> > rich even by the standards of IALers ...
>
> Just goes to show how shaky and about to crumble
> the whole Venedino house of cards really is!!!!!

I beg your pardon? You are talking about Venedino SFAED, a useless, inferior,
doomed language that has NOTHING in common with Venedino proper!

> Whew! I wonder what keeps the _real_ IALers
> going!? All that's hard work! Yet it seems to
> come so naturally to them...

Yes, indeed :) . Well, many years of experience, I suppose...

Jan

=====
Fiat Lux -- Is that a new brand of car?