CONLANG  June 2003, Week 3

CONLANG June 2003, Week 3

Re: LWII: The Euroclones Strike Back!

Jan van Steenbergen <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 20:03:15 +0100

> >  --- La Padriko Bruno a kive:
>
> Ick! Ick! VOS! It burns - it burns!!!!

Mwahahahahaaaa!!!

> All but the last one, of course!, as it's not a
> published book, apart from a couple copies.

It's on your website, right?

> > > Jesus Sutras are totally cool
>
> They're a translation and study of the scriptures
> written and translated by the early Church in
> western China. [...]

Ah, is this the same story as "Jezus in India"? I've heard about it.

===========
***********
===========

> What a surprise! The R.T.C. is probably the most
> backward country in Europe!

Backward?!! I can see that you never went for a ride in one of our lovely
little zeppelins (which are among the best in the world), nor did you ever
enjoy the comfort and the luxury of our exclusive zeppelimos! No, you would
never have called us "backward" if you had ever hugged a real Venedic
teddybear. Who's backward here? Isn't DŻnein the poorest region in Europe (all
the more shocking if you take into account that it is part of a rich country)?

> The whole world is turning to N-o Nova as the
> IAL of choice, and you've "never heard of it"?

No, unlike yours, our newspapers only write about IMPORTANT stuff. But now that
you mention it: I think I have heard the word "nono", once.

> > Probably Kernantoclone no. 557. How many speakers?
>
> A large speakership that is rapidly increasing
> everyday.

Congratulations with your second speaker, then! I'm impressed! Continue like
that, and you might even reach the status of VOS after approx. three million
years.

> It is not us who "fear arguments", but we do
> wish to spare you the ignominy of losing the
> arguments you make!

Turzyna mrzoda! You just don't have any arguments, that's all.

> Typical Venediniste tactic: attack the man when
> he sees sense and you don't!

If you'll ever meet a Vened who would do that, he has probably spent too much
time in Kemr, where we all know such things are common practice.

> > Worse of all, he was a Kemrese
> > infiltrant, and he spent his bribes on
> > expensive cars and hotels.
>
> So? Would you have him spend his money on _cheap_
> cars and hotels?

He ought not to have any money at all, the lazy bastard! OTOH, the fact that
the FK spent so much money on bribing him only proves how powerful the
Venedikanto Omniversala Supernova movement was!

> Just admit it - you find our solution so
> compelling and perfect that you just can't
> come up with anything more original
> than a copy of our work!

If VOS would share even one feature with Neokernono, that's only because our
language was over-perfect for a while. Therefore, we might have adopted some
inferior foreign garbage to make it *simply perfect*. Balance, you see?

> You might as well come join the Real Thing!

And spend the rest of our lives on an isolated small island longing for some
civilisation? Thank you politely. You are, however, always welcome to cross
that sea of yours and visit the real world. I guarantee you that you will soon
discover how futile your auxlang efforts have been, notwithstanding some
potential good intentions. We can always use creative minds, and the "Unlearn
Neokernopanto Nova in Three Days" Course will be free of charge.

> > _Your_ Fundamento? Never heard of it! Which
> > proves that I can't have copied it.
>
> Total BS. It's a word-for-word "translation"!

Our Fundamento is a reflection of universal truth. _Your_ Fundamento, as you
observed correctly for a change, is nothing but 'a word-for-word
"translation"'!

> Patently false. If that were true, VOS
> International wouldn't offer its free postal
> course "VOS In 10 EASY LESSONS!

Of course, we offer all kinds of help and assistance to our devotees.

> (The other 100 are Mindnumbingly Difficult!)"

Well, for a Neokernopantonononisto anything would be mindnumbingly difficult,
even a simple calculation like 1 + 1 = 2!

> A lie, pure and simple! Our grammatical system is
> so easy, our lexicon so international that we
> don't even _bother_ to publish a grammar anymore.

True, it would be a complete waste of paper! And nobody would care to read it
anyway!

> People just pick it up that easily!

And throw it away even more easily! :D~~~

> > requires at least ten years of intensive study
> > before a person can produce even
> > a simple sentence.
>
> That would be your VOS, right?

Well, the fact that the average Kernopanto speaker cannot produce even a simple
sentence is rather a matter of IQ, I'm afraid. What can you expect of someone
who can't even express himself in his own language?

> > Just look: no articles, can you believe that?!
>
> Yeah. What!? Articles? Who needs articles!
> Simplify, man, simplify! N-o Nova has _no_
> articles whatsoever!

Pity! A language without articles is a language without a future!

> Typical of your average Eastern European IAL:
> overloaded with ethnonyms. Our streamlined system
> has boiled the whole thing down to US v. THEM.
> Neat as you please!

I admit, that is a neat feature. Pity that you evidently stole it from
Proto-Intervenedial.

> > Oh, I admit that there are some good parts is
> > your Manifesto.
>
> That is to say, "cover to cover".

What?! Are you really wasting precious bookbinding material to cover those
lousy two sentences? O tempora, o mores!

> It's the supreme auxlang Truth, and you know it!
> How could it be anything else! Even the
> Esperantists are flocking to our banner! I-a is
> practically dead, and their speakers are now
> learning N-o Nova!

Well, perhaps in some crazy alternate timeline, that you are of course free to
fantasise about. However, in real IB life there is only one future, and that
future is speaking VOS! All other aux- and natlangs, including E-o, I-a, N-oN-a
and E-sh, are moribund.

> Oh ho! Now it comes out! You're just one o them
> anti-Kemrese, Brtion-hating, wish you could have
> scored more than "0" against us in the footy game
> last week Whiny Wheneds!

Hey, what woud you expect, eh? It wasn't a fair game at all. First of all, it
is always raining over there, and our players are used to playing on grass, not
in a swimming pool! The poor guys didn't stand a chance from the beginning,
especially because the arbiter was blackmailed by the chairperson of FC
Castreleon and his wife.

> You think all your
> problems can be solved by bombing Britain.

No, not really. Sinking it would be an option, too!

> > Now this is were you really lose the last
> > remnants of touch with reality. Even
> > a single Vened learning Neokernopanto?
> > Hahahaha. The mere idea makes me laugh!
>
> Then you will be laughing alone!

Me and my eight billion followers, you mean!

> No cure needed, except for your own delusions of
> grandeur! I suggest _you_ get an appointment with
> your quack!

Already been there. After nine seconds the doctor wanted to learn VOS. Five
minutes later, he was already quite fluent in it, and after five more minutes,
he was ready to dedicate his life to promoting it.

> > Yes, yes. They are nothing in comparison to
> > Venedianto Omniversala Supernova.
>
> Oh, I say they're totally comparable! None of
> them are as demonstrably easy to pronounce, read,
> write or learn very quickly as N-o Nova!

Learn N-o Nova quickly? Good heavens, one would need at least twenty years to
understand the *basics* of Neokernopanto's mutation system. Not even to mention
all those horrible vowel clusters and consonant ditos.

> I'd say it imploded and sank in a mess of stink
> that yet taints your ridiculous VOSisme!

That's no way to address the Language of Languages!

> Now that is beyond the pale! Typical little Tin
> Hessler: you can't come out and fight fair and
> square, so you resort to unethical tactics!

Any tactics to save the world from N-o N-a are ethical by definition!

> > Ah, now I understand. So you admit that the
> > whole (Inter)kernopanto(lingua)
> > movement never had any members! Well, well!
>
> Yet another twisting of the truth! Will your base
> accusations have no end?

Accusations!? I just repeated word for word what you wrote yourself in a scarce
moment of honesty.

> > Jovianto and Narbonido are much too silent... I
> > wouldn't trust them.
>
> Nah. Worthless pack of gibberish. Not much better
> than your own VOS, for that matter!

By far inferior to VOS, but better at least than N-o N-a.

> > Hehe. If we had fought our little flamewar on
> > Auxlang instead of here, we'd
> > probably be dead by now.
>
> I'm not sure we could pull it off, really. I
> think Zhang is right: there must be something
> slightly pathological about the lot of them!

Well, browsing the Auxlang archives I get the impression that some of them are
actually quite nice people... Although the taboo on Hitler comparisons seems to
be broken there much more frequently than here.

> Well, at least we can both agree two points: one,
> we can safely agree that "there is One True IAL
> for the Entire World" and two, "we can each say
> with total honesty 'and it is mine' "!

Indeed! ;))

Jan

=====
"Originality is the art of concealing your source." - Franklin P. Jones