CONLANG  October 2003, Week 4

CONLANG October 2003, Week 4

Some thoughts on a future Francophone planet

Wesley Parish <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:45:35 +1300

I've just started YOS (Yet Another Story), titled Gorgio, and I've already
found the urgent need to cannibalize French and mould it into some future
form.

To wit:
a planet Tshekhe - (Not Our) Earth
"Fonokh plezhi" - "if it might please you ..."
and
"Khesha, fonokh,
shilekhedzhe" - "Apologies, your honour, I am sorry"

If someone can riddle out the derivation of the words in those phrases and
tell me whether or not I am talking through my rectum...?

And just to make matters worse, Gurdzhio the main character is currently in
Tsharnadi City.  Any ideas as to his ancestry, and the origins of the
city-founders?

Wesley Parish
--
Mau e ki, "He aha te mea nui?"
You ask, "What is the most important thing?"