Monospaced Font

CONLANG  December 2003, Week 1

CONLANG December 2003, Week 1

Re: Untouchables [Andreas J., please read]

Wed, 3 Dec 2003 22:34:19 +0100

En réponse à Roger Mills :

>There are, in fact, Black groups in the US that ascribe all their
>sufferings to the Jews, though they tend not to bring the "dead" Hebrew
>language into the picture. I have always found this viewpoint very odd,
>when one considers that the principal objects of Old-Style Average
>American Racists' hatred were, in order, Blacks, Jews and Catholics
>equally, and Others (i.e. non-Anglo-Saxons). Those attitudes were and
>are, unfortunately, still found in the US and are not peculiar to Klan
>members nor, indeed, to Southerners only.

Unfortunately, being oneself the target of discrimination doesn't seem to
prevent people from discriminating themselves. Look at the Dutch Pim
Fortuyn, homosexual and yet definitely racist (and disgusting. He once said
that the only things in favour of Moroccans are their sons. If you want to
give a bad image of homosexuals, you shouldn't say anything else. Even *I*
find it disgusting). I even met homosexuals who discriminate bisexuals.
Seeing people who are so often discriminated for their sexual orientation
discriminate other people *for their sexual orientation* can make you feel
rather hopeless...

Christophe Grandsire.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr