AUXLANG February 2004, Week 1

Convergence

James Chandler <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 6 Feb 2004 13:41:39 +0000

Our tripartite IAL movement is taking us nowhere.  Unless the three major
systems start to converge in, I would say, the next couple of years, failure
is inevitable.

It's Crunch Time, time to stop playing petty games and face up to what is at
stake: if we fail we leave the door wide open for English, with all the
devastating consequences that will have for linguistic and cultural
diversity.  I fear that the EU is preparing to betray its citizens by
imposing English as a common eurolanguage.

It's time to let go of past grievances and think about the future.  Dump all
the useless ballast that keeps the balloon on the ground: the silly
circumflexes, the cxuijn tuijn kiujn's, the ojn's and ajn's and ujn's, the
sxtr's and nkc's and sc's, the mutilated and articial word forms; the
archaic spellings and Vulgar Latin roots, the multiple conjugations.  Let's
ditch all this once and for all and converge around a language acceptable to
all.

If we dont initiate this process in the very near future the inevitable
consequence is Failure.   It will be time to put the chairs back on the
tables.

Kordiale, James Chandler