CONLANG  May 2004, Week 1

CONLANG May 2004, Week 1

Re: what is a loglang?

Philippe Caquant <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 May 2004 23:47:54 -0700

Before it was explained here, I always thought
"engelang" meant something like "a language to be used
by angels". I'm afraid I mixed up some German and
English in a Europanto way. "Engineered language" is
much less poetic, so I feel a little disappointed. But
I of course respect the majority's choice.

--- Christophe Grandsire
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> En réponse à Mark P. Line :
>

> >Wonder why it isn't 'engilang'...
>
> Please don't go into that. The list has gone over
> the subject of the
> abbreviation for "engineered language" for a long
> time. After I don't
> remember how long, this ended up in a vote on this
> list, and the
> abbreviation "engelang" won. When the voice of the
> majority spoke (IIRC it
> won with a big majority), and the alternatives were
> not better anyway,
> there's no reason to change it.
>
> Christophe Grandsire.

=====
Philippe Caquant

"High thoughts must have high language." (Aristophanes, Frogs)