CONLANG  July 2004, Week 3

CONLANG July 2004, Week 3

Re: How to Make Chicken Cacciatore (was: phonetics by guesswork)

"J. 'Mach' Wust" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:11:35 -0400

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:59:00 +0200, taliesin the storyteller <taliesin-
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>A difference between English and French unvoiced stops is that the
>English (heck, "germanic" in general) ones are aspirated most places
>(superscript h is the diacritic).

Germanic in general? This is not true: We Alemannic people at least don't
aspirate the stops generally (well, there's distinctive aspiration, if you
like, but it uses to be analysed as compound phonemes). I don't know about
Skandinavian.

g_0ry@_^s:
j. 'mach' wust